2017-2018 Buick BOD officers

bhclark

I am pleased to announce that the new president of the BCA is...................

Alan Oldfield!

Congratulations Alan!

Brian Clark (me) is the new VP

John DiFiore has graciously relented and will serve another term as our esteemed Secretary (and unofficial sergeant at arms).

Thanks John!

• Like 7

Congratulations to all, I had a great time talking with everyone there ( when I could ). Also a second congrats to Alan for also becoming a first time grandfather on Friday. That is possibly a slightly bigger deal then becoming president:) although I think his wife Joy would disagree.

• Like 4

Congratulations also go to ROBERTA for her election to the board by the BCA membership! Thanks for coming back Roberta. Your expertise and previous board experience and President experience will be invaluable!

My thanks for the board for its support, and to the many kind people who shared good wishes to me. I also must thank outgoing President Clark for his support, and for his wise guidance the past two years. The club, and I, are fortunate that he is serving as VP.

I second Brian's shout-out to John D - I believe he is the hardest working person on the board, and I am very thankful he agreed to continue. 

Finally, thanks to Bill for continuing in his role. I find his financial guidance extremely helpful, and sleep better knowing that he has a keen eye for watching the BCA's money to make sure we make wise, informed decisions.

Everyone on our board of directors is passionate about the Buick hobby and the BCA. Although we may occasionally disagree on an issue, ultimately our diversity and range of views is a strength, and we all work toward one goal of making the Club, and the hobby, stronger.

I have to admit it was a big week. I am gratified, humbled, and honored to be able to serve as BCA president. And perhaps even more humbled by the miracle of life that is my new grand daughter. I sure didn't think I was old enough to be a grandfather, but the idea is quickly growing on me. 

Thank so much to everyone. I believe that Buick people are the best in the old car hobby - and our biggest challenge will be to get a few more to join the BCA.

Sincerely, and humbly,

Alan

• Like 11

Alan congrats on your grand daughter what a bundle of joy. Now that should keep you busy for years to come. Oh congrats on becoming the new Prez of our great club. Your guidance and experience will continue to move the BCA forward in the furture. I could not make this years national due to medical issues in the family but Ill be in Denver.

Brian I cant say enough for your service the past 2 years. Your ability to get the job done and keep a level head at all times is in itself AMAZING. Thanks for your service. I know I speak for a lot of members

John D. What is wrong with you? LOL..You have taken on the hardest job in the BCA and you have done a great job and you had a chance to return to normal and you once again jumped into the frying pan. A big thanks are not enough. Thanks for re up

Roberta well you are back again..Did'nt learn the first time thru many years ago HUH? LOL  The BCA is a big winner with your experience Congrats on your win.

Chuck Kerls

• Like 8

17 hours ago, adoldfield said:

Congratulations also go to ROBERTA for her election to the board by the BCA membership! Thanks for coming back Roberta. Your expertise and previous board experience and President experience will be invaluable!

My thanks for the board for its support, and to the many kind people who shared good wishes to me. I also must thank outgoing President Clark for his support, and for his wise guidance the past two years. The club, and I, are fortunate that he is serving as VP.

I second Brian's shout-out to John D - I believe he is the hardest working person on the board, and I am very thankful he agreed to continue. 

Finally, thanks to Bill for continuing in his role. I find his financial guidance extremely helpful, and sleep better knowing that he has a keen eye for watching the BCA's money to make sure we make wise, informed decisions.

Everyone on our board of directors is passionate about the Buick hobby and the BCA. Although we may occasionally disagree on an issue, ultimately our diversity and range of views is a strength, and we all work toward one goal of making the Club, and the hobby, stronger.

I have to admit it was a big week. I am gratified, humbled, and honored to be able to serve as BCA president. And perhaps even more humbled by the miracle of life that is my new grand daughter. I sure didn't think I was old enough to be a grandfather, but the idea is quickly growing on me. 

Thank so much to everyone. I believe that Buick people are the best in the old car hobby - and our biggest challenge will be to get a few more to join the BCA.

Sincerely, and humbly,

Alan

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why I supported this man for President!

Well spoken, Mr. Grandpa.

My apologies, Roberta, I made your announcement separately right after it happened!

However, I did neglect to mention that no one wanted to be Treasurer and work with Bill as CFO. :)

The final straw that broke John and convinced him to be Secretary again was Nancy Book offering to send him homemade cookies monthly! Hold her to it John!

Thank you for the kind words Alan and Chuck. I serve at the pleasure of the Membership, and now, the President.

• Like 3

thank you all for the kind words. I have been in this club for almost 40 years with no other comittment other than paying my dues. So I figure this is the least I can do for others. 

• Like 7