1973 Stage 1 GS Forest Green eBay

Chimera

Interesting the seller indicated the block is not original Stage 1 because it does not have the XS. I believe the Riv Stage 1 should be XA. This could still be the original block but if the blocked was decked the code will be gone. Seller may not be aware of the VIN stamp to verify. If not original block, too bad. Wonder if the paint is 73 Buick Dark/Midnight green? This paint on car looks pretty dark for that. Well optioned rare GS Stage 1 though.

Edited by JZRIV (see edit history)

The 71/72 bumper won't conform to the flatter 73 front nose and would probably look worse. There is a modification to remove the shock absorbers and move the 73 bumper tighter to car making it less bulky looking. I've seen that and it is an improvement. 

Agree I like rear of 73 better but front less. 

I agree as well.  Unfortunately, the Feds had their way beginning with the 1973 model year and the stylists and engineers did the best they could do without a wholesale design change.  The 71 and 72 have a much cleaner look to them.  I like the rear of the 73 better though.  Having the license plate in the middle gives it a balanced look.

• Like 1

Of course the 71 is considered to be the most desirable boat-tail often. One thing is for sure, if there ever is a real zombie apocalypse, get yourself a 73. The front bumper just might be the most effective bumper ever designed. I was in an accident once and the front bumper of the 73 plunged in and out with zero marks or scratches to the 73...other car??? destroyed. Also, I like how the rear license plate is centered when it comes to design. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pat Curran said:

I agree as well.  Unfortunately, the Feds had their way beginning with the 1973 model year and the stylists and engineers did the best they could do without a wholesale design change.  The 71 and 72 have a much cleaner look to them.  I like the rear of the 73 better though.  Having the license plate in the middle gives it a balanced look.

Ditto, rear '73 with a '71 front.

Ka-pow!

• Like 1