Need Help Identifing What These Wheels Will Fit

GDenton

I bought these wheels a few years ago when I was trying to restore my 34 Dodge pickup.  I gave up on it, sold it, and now I am trying to sell these wheels.  I thought they would fit my truck, and were advertised as for a Dodge or Plymouth.  I thought the bolt pattern was 5 by 4-1/2".  Someone came to look at them and discovered they are 5 by 5".  The wheels are 18" diameter.  The tires on them are 5.25-5.50-18.  Can anyone help me ID these wheels as to what they will fit.  I am asking $250 for them.  Thanks, Guy Denton

IMG10334.JPG

IMG10335.JPG

IMG10336.JPG

IMG10337.JPG

The hubcap hole is 5 and 7/8'', or close to 6".  I googled Plymouth wheel sizes in the 30's, and there is a chart that comes up with all the sizes.  For 1932 it has the 18" wheel, but says the bolt pattern is 5 by 4-1/2.  The wheels I have are 5 by 5".  These wheels are located in Poulsbo, Washington, not far from Seattle.  I also have a 39 Plymouth pickup frame with engine and all running gear, if anyone is interested.  Thanks for the inquiry.

Such a pain that MOPAR and other manufacturers kept changing metrics of their wire wheels virtually every year. My '31 Chrysler CD8 used 18" (5x4.5) but has 6.5" hubcap hole. Later in same year they went to 17"? Never seems to be any rhyme or reason for changes. These wheels are a great buy for someone who can use them. Too far west for me though, about 4000 miles!!

• 1 year later...