Hood Removal/Reinstall

Wooly15

I ordered new hood insulation and would like to do this correctly by taking off the hood. I learned a hard lesson a few years back removing doors from a 61 Ford I had...they were never straight again. Are there any tips you guys have for keeping spacing and alignment? Is it as easy as unbolting from the hinges and just putting it back? I've 

never removed a hood.

First of all remove the hood from the hinges not the hinges from the body. I outline the hinge/hood alignment with pencil and I a  drill a 1/8 hole through the hinge and hood mount brackets. When I reinstall, a 1/8 pin through the hole puts the hood where it was and the hole will never be noticed.............Bob

• Like 4

Scrape. Is unintended consequences a military term?  I think it as spilled over into civilian usage.

The mess couldn't be any worse than the time I started a '56 Eldorado show car with the oil filter housing on the workbench.

No one knew that until now.

Bernie

16 minutes ago, 60FlatTop said:

Scrape. Is unintended consequences a military term?  I think it as spilled over into civilian usage.

The mess couldn't be any worse than the time I started a '56 Eldorado show car with the oil filter housing on the workbench.

No one knew that until now.

Bernie

I'll see your filter housing and raise you 61 years and 3" of caked grease around upper control arm shafts just to get to the bolts. I filled up a grocery bag.