For Sale-What a bargain!!

retirednow

I'm in Kansas, so if anyone wants me to go look at it I can.  All I ask is gas money... say $1000 or so should cover it.  :D

For the record, this guy has several cars on eBay that seem to be more reasonably priced.  I'm inclined to think $95k is a typo.  I bet if you offered $950, he'd take it.

For posterity:

95k 1.PNG95k 2.jpg95k 3.jpg

• Like 1

That's cheap advertising for his yard. Almost 14,000 feedbacks. So it's working.

In the early 2000's I bought a huge collection of Chevy dealer literature. It was worth it to go out and buy a Camaro and list a couple hundred Chevy items mentioned in the sale of the car. I didn't do the "shock value" presentation like that, but I moved a lot of literature and made a little on the car.

The car is smoke. Follow the link for meat and tatters.

If you think $95,000 is outrageous take a look at this description of a Buick Bugle: http://www.ebay.com/itm/371829075395?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Some people will do anything for a buck.

Bernie

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, 60FlatTop said:

That's cheap advertising for his yard. Almost 14,000 feedbacks. So it's working.

In the early 2000's I bought a huge collection of Chevy dealer literature. It was worth it to go out and buy a Camaro and list a couple hundred Chevy items mentioned in the sale of the car. I didn't do the "shock value" presentation like that, but I moved a lot of literature and made a little on the car.

If you think $95,000 is outrageous take a look at this description of a Buick Bugle: http://www.ebay.com/itm/371829075395?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Bernie

Now I think I've been doing it all wrong.....  I'm deleting my truck for sale ad and posting an ad for a $3000 battery, that will come with a free truck!

• Like 2

Target your sales to people with a sense of humor. The serious ones can be problematic.

Here is the inside scoop: Life is too important to take seriously. With seriousness comes expectation. With expectation comes the thought you deserve something. It don't work that way.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, wndsofchng06 said:

Now I think I've been doing it all wrong.....  I'm deleting my truck for sale ad and posting an ad for a $3000 battery, that will come with a free truck!

I know a guy in Oklahoma selling $50 washers.

He has 70 washers for sale, and with one of them he will include a complete '85 turbo Regal.  Of course, he's not saying which washer...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 60FlatTop said:

Bernie

And here I take my old Bugles to several senior care places for the guys to read.  Guess am missing out on the big money

• Like 3

I end up with $3.67 after mailing and fees. But they end up in the hands of people who see value in them. It is not worth the time but a person's perception is their reality. 

My experience with charity mills and non-profit organizations has been disappointing. Things get thrown away, stacked up for the annual 50 cent sale, or generally "aren't good enough" for the recipient. This includes giving cars to needy people.

"Handle every stressful situation like a dog, If you cant eat it or play with it, just pee on it and walk away!":D  If a dog pees on your dark suit it doesn't get noticed either.

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 9:33 PM, kgreen said:

A friend had a very old but working washing machine on the curb for free.  No takers.  After he put the $50 for sale sign on it, it disappeared.

I once worked for a San Diego piano restorer who did this  with piano carcasses from which I had stripped all useable parts. I'd spray "For Sale $75.00" on them with white paint, and we'd drag them out in the alley behind his home/shop. They'd vanish within a few days, usually at about 2 ;00 AM. Saved my boss a $100.00  landfill fee.

• Like 4