1963 Riviera For Sale

Guest TimFloyd

It is air conditioned, there are vents on the dash (unless someone has cannibalized it.) It appears to have a tilt wheel.  It does have power windows AND power vents. After market radio with a couple of 6x9 speakers bolted to the package tray.  Cast aluminum wheel covers which appear to be in really good shape.  That's what I can see from the posted pictures. I'm betting the original interior color is Sandalwood. It was available in vinyl or cloth, but not leather.  I'm going out on a limb here, but I think the color is not a 1963  Buick color.  A picture of the data plate will tell.

Ed

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

Guest TimFloyd

Sorry, just got off work. Will try to address some questions all at once. Currently not running but I personally drove it to where it is sitting in my garage. It will turn I just cant get it to fire over. I feel it has to be something small and minor as not much has changed since I parked it up in my garage, I just have not located why. It has sat for quite some time (after having our daughter it got back burnered and has sat in one spot for about 2+ years). Car has....

*Power Steering

*Power Brakes

*Tilt Steering

*Power Windows (All working except vent windows, the motors turn but do not engage)

*Power Driver seat (working)

*AC - blows but not cold but it looks to be all there

*Great electrical condition, lights, signals, dash lights, head lights, tail lights

*Car was originally the reddish maroon color with sandalwood interior with cloth inserts. Someone put the brown paint over it years ago, as you can tell the brown is an old old paint job.

*Interior is complete and fairly clean. I never pulled the seat covers off as they were at least presentable. You can see original sandalwood interior under the covers through a torn spot on the upper driver seat back cover. I cannot verify what condition the seats are actually in underneath. My guess is not great, most people put covers on bad seats to hide them.

*It has a full set of  5 turbine wheel covers with 4 centers and  4 spinners (spare with an old bias ply double pinstripe whitewall tire with turbine but no spinner or center).

*Trunk is been taken down to bare floors. The original liner and cardboard were there when I got the car but the previous owner put a wadded up wet car cover in there and it ruined the matting and was holding a lot of moisture and I feared leading to a rust issue. The original tire cover I kept because it was fair. Does have original jack and parts.

*Car has the following visible rust...Lower front fender (Quarter size). Drivers quarter low at bottom (about the size of my index finger nail). Passenger quarter low at bottom (a bubble about golf ball size)

63 pass rear.jpeg

63 motor 3.jpeg

63 motor 4.jpeg

Fisher_Plate.jpg

rear driver.jpeg

63 motor 2.jpeg

63 motor 1.jpeg

63 drivers side.jpeg

1 hour ago, TimFloyd said:

Sorry, just got off work. Will try to address some questions all at once. Currently not running but I personally drove it to where it is sitting in my garage. It will turn I just cant get it to fire over. I feel it has to be something small and minor as not much has changed since I parked it up in my garage, I just have not located why. It has sat for quite some time (after having our daughter it got back burnered and has sat in one spot for about 2+ years). Car has....

*Power Steering

*Power Brakes

*Tilt Steerin

*Power Windows (All working except vent windows, the motors turn but do not engage) typical.  The last gear tooth will break off.  Run the motor and push the window until the second tooth engagEs. It should work until you try to close it all the way.

*Power Driver seat (working)

*AC - blows but not cold but it looks to be all there

*Great electrical condition, lights, signals, dash lights, head lights, tail lights

*Car was originally the reddish maroon color with sandalwood interior with cloth inserts. Someone put the brown paint over it years ago, as you can tell the brown is an old old paint job.

*Interior is complete and fairly clean. I never pulled the seat covers off as they were at least presentable. You can see original sandalwood interior under the covers through a torn spot on the upper driver seat back cover. I cannot verify what condition the seats are actually in underneath. My guess is not great, most people put covers on bad seats to hide them.

*It has a full set of  5 turbine wheel covers with 4 centers and  4 spinners (spare with an old bias ply double pinstripe whitewall tire with turbine but no spinner or center). That's how they came from the factory.  A turbine on the spare then reuse the spinner off the wheel that was flat.  Buick didn't want you trying to unbolt the cast cover on the side of the road but they did want you to have all the wheels ready to accept the spinner.

*Trunk is been taken down to bare floors. The original liner and cardboard were there when I got the car but the previous owner put a wadded up wet car cover in there and it ruined the matting and was holding a lot of moisture and I feared leading to a rust issue. The original tire cover I kept because it was fair. Does have original jack and parts.

*Car has the following visible rust...Lower front fender (Quarter size). Drivers quarter low at bottom (about the size of my index finger nail). Passenger quarter low at bottom (a bubble about golf ball size)

The data plate shows you also have the remote trunk release. 

I'm also betting big bucks that the car will drive much better with an original carb connected to the transmission. No control over the variable pitch converters without that rod. PS - You should consider swapping out the single reservoir master cylinder for a dual reservoir one. And consider, for safety reasons, discarding those EASILY BREAKABLE fuel filters. DANGER WILL ROBINSON.

63 pass rear.jpeg

63 motor 3.jpeg

63 motor 4.jpeg

Fisher_Plate.jpg

rear driver.jpeg

63 motor 2.jpeg

63 motor 1.jpeg

63 drivers side.jpeg

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

Get it running and raise your price. ;)

Spark or fuel. If you crank it are you getting fuel at the carb?  Will it fire with a shot of starter fluid?  Got a timing light to check for spark in the wires?  (Unless you want to pull the wire off a plug and look for a spark).

If the car sat that long, it could be a number of things, but one might guess that most are fuel related -- like gum/varnish in the carb or a dead fuel pump.  Maybe a solid rap on the side of the carb body will knock a stuck float loose.

This could be one of those rare opportunities where you really can turn a couple of hours and a couple of hundred bucks into a couple of thousand: put the right carb on and get it running, and you'll get a lot more interest.  Or leave it to the buyer to get the easy payoff. ;)

Edited by KongaMan (see edit history)