Hey, come on, let's go take a ride in 52 Super !

buick man

…. So let's take a ride in a Super through a small midwest town and out into cornfields and tree covered lanes on a summer day. Like one viewer noted, all with no fuzzy dice, no music, no talk over narratives and no obnoxious wind baffling the sound on this Buick ride …Oh and yeah, around 7:32 or so his driving speeds on these old back blacktops are somewhat reminiscent of what any one of us have done including no doubt Steve McQueen as well ...

Edited by buick man (see edit history)
  • Like 3

I ordered a cellphone holder for the car so I can video a drive.   Since we have a photo thread maybe a driving video thread would be in order.    As we know, we can not enjoy actually driving or experience a drive in each others car physically but a video of a drive would do the trick.  

Kick it off with Buick Man video!   

Best one I have at the moment. 

http://vid39.photobucket.com/albums/e182/Warhawk1-avg/WP_20160827_005_zpsqsqx2tfh.mp4

Edited by avgwarhawk (see edit history)
  • Like 4

… that sounds like a great idea avgwarhawk, but we make the motion the videos should strive to be a pure Buick Ride Experience and clean with no talk overs, music and like on this video no wind noises for starters.  Perhaps unique positioning of camera or cameras and external microphone placement for a better quality audio as well.  anyone one else wanna chime in with what the videos should be like, then be my guest ...

• Like 2

15 hours ago, buick man said:

… that sounds like a great idea avgwarhawk, but we make the motion the videos should strive to be a pure Buick Ride Experience and clean with no talk overs, music and like on this video no wind noises for starters.  Perhaps unique positioning of camera or cameras and external microphone placement for a better quality audio as well.  anyone one else wanna chime in with what the videos should be like, then be my guest ...

Sounds like a good idea to me.  But, some are going to be stuck with the quality or lack there of concerning what phone is used for video.   At any rate, attempting a few positions of the phone/camera will prove to be useful in getting what you want out of the recorded ride. 

It will be fun to experience another Buick in action.  My noted interest in your video is listening for the Dynaflow.   I have never been in a Dynaflow Buick.   I would like to see what the 59 Invicta or LeSabre is like.  The 59 is my favorite.

My phone holder is on the way.  Maybe I can get in a recorded ride  this weekend. 

Edited by avgwarhawk (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

… yet another kindred spirit …  this time launching on his well deserved maiden voyage … what anticipation and after all that preparation … while a non champagne launch but with all good intentions will he make it home ?

so let's see what happens when we have to red line it to the landing pad … sounds like some time will be needed with that accelerator pump again …..

… while ignoring the crappy hanging blue dice sack…. we present here yet another in this saga only because were sure you wanted to see how things went ... well after all it't been over 6 months and he has apparently read the service manual this time … so let's just see how things go this time around …. Oh, and imagine as a flash back, you as a little kid ridding in that rear window ledge cause your still small enough to so ….. but this time your holding a camera …. Ha !