Early 1970's Carb Mileage Booster. Fun for the Garage Wall or Workshop

Jolly_John

Remember these from the oil crisis days of the early 1970's, Gang? Here's a new-in-box Tungsten Hydro-Catalyst carb attachment....just ready to boost your gas mileage by 27% (if you choose to believe the box!). Copyright date of 1973. It would make a nifty garage or workshop display item.

For a four-barrel carb. In never-used condition, with original box. Includes a photo and endorsement by none other than Mario Andretti. Carb bolt spacing 5-5/8" by 5-1/8".

Just $15, plus the actual cost of shipping. Your personal check or a money order are welcomed for payment. Thanks for looking. John

amb1.jpg

amb2.jpg

amb3.jpg

amb4.jpg

• Like 1

Yes, that's true, Bernie. PLUS, I've just had an independent research laboratory do a metallurgical  analysis of this wonderful item. Their report (received here by certified mail this afternoon) indicates there is $86.37  worth of Tungsten Hydro-Catalyst (an extremely rare element) in this piece. However, being the good, non=mercenary person that I am, I WILL NOT raise the price of this item here on the forum. After all, "Fair is Fair"...I agreed to sell it to the guys here for only $15, and I'll stick by that price. John

• Like 1

Thanks for posting. I really enjoy looking at these marvelous gas saving devices; I used to collect them, but quit a few years ago. I actually found one that really worked. If I ever find it again, I will post a picture. Visualize a cardboard box approximately 4 inches square by 1 inch deep, with all of the "hype" about gas savings, government suppressed, oil company suppressed, etc. on the box. Open up the box, and there it is.........a boot heel ;)

Another one is commonly available by the dozen at the local grocery. They come in both brown and white colors, for various driving conditions.

Jon.

• Like 2

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 0:24 PM, Jolly_John said:

Remember these from the oil crisis days of the early 1970's, Gang? Here's a new-in-box Tungsten Hydro-Catalyst carb attachment....just ready to boost your gas mileage by 27% (if you choose to believe the box!). Copyright date of 1973. It would make a nifty garage or workshop display item.

For a four-barrel carb. In never-used condition, with original box. Includes a photo and endorsement by none other than Mario Andretti. Carb bolt spacing 5-5/8" by 5-1/8".

Just $15, plus the actual cost of shipping. Your personal check or a money order are welcomed for payment. Thanks for looking. John

amb1.jpg

amb2.jpg

amb3.jpg

amb4.jpg

I remember those. Very humorous.

Is it just a rumor or did I hear the rare and valuable metals tax on Tungsten Hydro-Catalyst metal of $86.40 is due April first of every year, payable as a non-invoiced fee? Or did I get that mixed up with chlorinated fluorocarbons?

So many things to keep track of.

Bernie

• Like 1