Can you ID this Riley?

George Smolinski

Guest Grumpy's Auto Shop

I think keiser is on it.

Looks to be a 9/Lynx and obviously late, based on the Headlamp nacelles.

I don't recall when they retired the 9 platform but I know their other models had gone the next step and integrated the nacelles to the wings (a la MG TF vs TD), just in time to drop the coachbuilt car altogether.

Very desirable, but quite expensive to restore. Strong following , good club support.. Parts can be both hard to get and expensive. If the body is in need of attention the job can quickly snowball. Complicated coachbuilt construction. Value is very dependant on condition and completeness, more information is required to even come close to a reasonable valuation.

Greg in Canada

• 2 weeks later...

That sounds very reasonable !  You have made a very good buy !  Check out typical U.K. prices, that sort of money would barely buy a hulk. Bear in mind LHD vehicles are quite a bit less valuable to a British buyer, but many British cars , Jag's , Jensen's , MG's Etc. are being sold to Europe and England.

Greg in Canada

Edited by 1912Staver (see edit history)

The Riley brings back memories of a sedan (saloon?) of the same vintage that belonged to a customer of my father. It was a dark green painted car. The sent from the wool carpet, leather seats, and wooden instrument panel and trim was something I will never forget. I always thought it was one of the most attractive 1950s automobiles.

(o[]o)