9-11

STEVE POLLARD

I don't think any of use will ever forget .  Most of us know where we where  and what we where doing  that day .    I was also a firefighter  was  hard on all of the brother across the country .   Kings32

• Like 2

I was working on 57th street that day, I could not get out of Manhattan until late that night, we had no communication and really had no idea what was going on. The company I worked for at that time lost 3 men they as part of 17 members lost from my union, I smelled the burning debris at my home in long Island for days after. The next day I was asked to run a crew (and I did) to help get the NYSE up and running as well as the Mercantile Exchange,,,,,,,, it was way to close to me so please forgive me but I try to forget every second of it.

Edited by John348 (see edit history)
  • Like 2

I have several mental images I've taken from  that day.  Of course there are the images of the airplanes flying into the Towers and the collapse of the Towers themselves.  What is indelibly etched into my memory of that day is the video of the firefighters climbing up the stairwell as civilians ran down.  I'll never forget that visual definition of heroism.

God bless,

Grog

• Like 2