Your project really reminds me of the rehabbed chicken coop that my buddy and I restored my GTO in back in the winter of 82/83.   Enough room to store a small boat and work on a car.  We had a nice pot belly stove that would bring the whole place up to about 60 degrees (no insulation) in the dead of winter.  I don't think you have the same cold issues to deal with.

Great times!

• Like 1

Single digits here in Detroit for the last week or so.  Said on TV that we have not hit 20 deg F since Christmas.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Larry Schramm said:

Single digits here in Detroit for the last week or so.  Said on TV that we have not hit 20 deg F since Christmas.

And I bet you'll still cruise that Buick truck around! 

Thinking about taking it out for a drive, but I am doing the winter work getting ready for touring in the spring.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, JoelsBuicks said:

Is that a Ford Intruder?

Yes.  Daggum thing needed a new transmission.  These transmissions are a huge PITA....  We've rounded off two torque converter nuts now....

9 hours ago, wndsofchng06 said:

Back to Buicks.....

20180402_185510.jpg

'63 Special.  Had one of those in a station wagon.

• Like 1

Big door open wide!  A sure sign of Spring and a welcome sight after a cold winter.  Just wish I could say I was back to Buicks.   Got a Honda Odyssey AC replacement to start tomorrow; wife’s orders!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Already!?! But you're so young!!!

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, MrEarl said:

Already!?! But you're so young!!!

Stress does age a person.

• Like 1

Its the stress of getting older.  Its a double edged sword.  You stress about losing the tool and it ages you; you stress about aging and you forget where you put things.

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

The chart would be even worse if you included time spent searching for that screw, nut, washer, spring, clip, ________, that just fell from your fingers that were numb from being jammed into some cranny that you can't even see...  :unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I keep a magnet handy and search with it by sound now.  Seems to find it quicker than I do. 

• Like 1

Welcome to the fun.  We have been dealing with this since the beginning of November.  The kids built snow men from the first storm and they are still standing, so that tells you how nice it has been since that first storm,  with 2 more following it.  Hopefully you have a good shovel,  or better yet a snow blower. 

When you find some warm weather, send it my way.   I try to plan my days around which ones are near freezing so my lift will start. 

Edited by auburnseeker (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Well those of you that follow my threads know that I have more stuff than I have room. Well as of yesterday its official, the farm is expanding. I'm adding a 24x28 garage, I put my deposit down yesterday. Will be 4-5 weeks on site prep and slab, then another 4-5 weeks on the building. I'll post here.

• Like 7

You'll be happy with the decision,  just don't under budget.  Everything (especially the little stuff) add up to so much more than you expect.   Though, once you get the shell up and enclosed,  you can always peck away at the rest as funds come in.  That's the way I did/ am doing mine.  

I just bit the bullet and bought my Garage door.  I was going to just build swinging or sliding doors,  but because of the size and probably $1000 in materials I did the math and decided to invest the $1000 in the door instead and be done with it.  Of course I just saved up enough after selling the crap out of stuff on ebay to have just enough to pay for it.   It was $4300.  It's a custom Carriage house style door though that's 16 by 14 feet with extra glass.  I even had to go without the opener as I don't have any power in the building or the extra 1000 for the Heavy duty opener for the door.  I figured I could add it when I come up with some more money though.  

I still don't have a floor either. 

You can see my build with costs over on my garage build thread.

Good luck on yours.  It's nice to get into a bigger garage.  Looks like you were smart to go with the extra length?  My brother went 24 by 24 and regret it every day as it's just a little too short with a work bench. 

Edited by auburnseeker (see edit history)

You are lucky you can start right away.  Up here winter grinds everything to a holt or atleast a dead crawl.   I try working out in the garage every day jsut to make a little progress but it's so darn cold.  Yesterday was suppose to be a high of 30 but I doubt it hit that.  The garage inside I'm sure (without the garage door) was at the overnight low of teens or less.  Send us some of that warm weather when it returns your way. 

14 minutes ago, auburnseeker said:

You are lucky you can start right away.  Up here winter grinds everything to a holt or atleast a dead crawl.   I try working out in the garage every day jsut to make a little progress but it's so darn cold.  Yesterday was suppose to be a high of 30 but I doubt it hit that.  The garage inside I'm sure (without the garage door) was at the overnight low of teens or less.  Send us some of that warm weather when it returns your way. 

Well due to winters here is why its a 10 week total. 😒  had to go 28 deep.  I have one vehicle (nonbuick) that is almost 22ft long that will need some significant work before being my daily driver! Also got 12ft walls to accommodate a future lift. My old pole barn will become parts storage and living quarters for buttercup.

Edited by wndsofchng06 (see edit history)
  • Like 1