I think my Brother went 24 by 24 with his and really regrets not going the 27 as with a bench in the back and a stairway he has trouble fitting a 69 Ranchero and his f150 regular cab long bed in it.   Doesn't leave him with much room to actually work.   Dad and I tried to tell him to go just that little bit bigger. 

I went huge so I have plenty of space,  I just didn't realize how much more everything costs and how much more time it takes to finish each phase.  Seems I never have both the time and money at the same time to get much done. 

2 minutes ago, auburnseeker said:

.  Seems I never have both the time and money at the same time to get much done. 

I know that feeling

And my current building is 25 long and if I pull the hearse or the truck in, I have almost zero room.

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 9:04 PM, wndsofchng06 said:

No blocks.  No specs. Just a cheap internet building. If they didn't already have my deposit, I woulda cancelled it all as our government is walloping me with the tax bills, not done paying last year yet (Stay tuned as something will have to be for sale soon).  When I recover I may put gravel tracks under the eaves along with a gravel driveway to the building.

I had the same experience. I was going to put a simple storage building with no electricity, no water, no heat, no nothing and the local government wanted to TRIPLE my taxes.  I said that it would not happen and I did not build the building.  Instead I just bought some 40' shipping containers to keep the vehicles in.  No tax consequences.  I still have my small 20x30 building to work in.  No change in taxes.

• Like 3

Our taxes went up with my building but hopefully not by too much.   Atleast they haven't so far, but I do see an adjustment in overall value of what I put down for the cost of the building. 

The only problem with storage containers is if you have anything nice they can sweat especially with the temp swings we have been having from -15 to 45 in 2 days with 6 inches of rain. 

Storage containers wouldn't look to good up here at the house either.

The wife also had to like what I was doing and she was not exactly happy about the garage I'm building,  but is a little less agitated since I located it buried somewhat out of site and what I'm building has a little style. 

With the way the weather has been this winter though,  I'm about ready to sell and move somewhere south.  Your neck of the woods is starting to look pretty darn attractive. 

I can run my internet business from just about any place the USPS delivers. 

IMG_7546.JPG

IMG_7531.JPG

• Like 1

On 2/7/2019 at 9:56 PM, wndsofchng06 said:

And my current building is 25 long and if I pull the hearse or the truck in, I have almost zero room.

But the lil 2 dr cdan should fit nicely 😁🤞🙏

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrEarl said:

But the lil 2 dr cdan should fit nicely 😁🤞🙏

I'm hoping.  🤞

I'll trade you weather.  I just got rolling on my siding again today,  but we are suppose to get 12 to 16 inches of snow so there goes my momentum.  A couple of days to get everything cleaned up,  then the roof that just bared up so I don't have to work under the eves dripping will have to melt all over again.  At barely 32 for a high,  they don't melt fast enough to really clean them off for several weeks.  Takes a good warm up to do that. 

• Sad 1

Definitely faster than I'm getting mine done.  

You'll probably want to limb those trees a bit more. They really grow fast.   I know I left a few too many when I built mine.  Now when the wind blows and I look at my 100 foot 3 foot diameter pine swaying in the breeze,  I think wow should have probably taken just a few more. 

Of course when you go into a wooded area and clear every tree (many that were 70 to 80 foot tall) for a 130 by 100 foot area you start wincing a bit saying ,  wow that definitely changed the look of the property.  

You won't know what to do with all that extra  space  after working in your old garage. 

Lookin good!!!

Thanks!  As far as the tree goes that Eastern red cedar is almost a hundred years old if not already. I would just hate to cut it down. I stayed up last night and etch the concrete floors so I could epoxy today

Wanna test for O.C.D? Buy paint with this stuff....20190419_162817.thumb.jpg.12170ef9f1c2106b48cbe6ad1cc43f74.jpg

Eventually I had to just walk away.

Posted (edited)

It wouldn't be bad if you were spraying it,  but I have a feeling a brush is out of the question and seems like they would stick to the roller. Maybe turn the fan on in the door and slowly dump them into the breeze.   Reposition the fan as needed. ;) 

Good luck. 

Edited by auburnseeker (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, auburnseeker said:

It wouldn't be bad if you were spraying it,  but I have a feeling a brush is out of the question and seems like they would stick to the roller. Maybe turn the fan on in the door and slowly dump them into the breeze.   Reposition the fan as needed. ;) 

Good luck. 

no I was just saying my OCD is kicking in about getting them spread evenly....  Doesn't matter now... It just rained and the building leaked... The new epoxy is ruined.  Not sure why I try.

Must be I'm rubbing off on you.  Everything I do,  right or wrong seems to go south.  I painted all my doors.  Sprayed them so I wouldn't have brush strokes with automotive paint.  Now it's lifting off the grilles and the glass dropped in the doors after I painted them so there is a 3/8 inch white strip across the top of each door.  

My board and batten siding started curling right off the building though I put it up with what I thought the cup being the right way.  So I pulled that down and put up new ones with a very prominent cup and screwed them all on with deck screws. We also pre stained all the siding.  Then after having them stacked for 2 years,  the stickers we stacked them with all left marks so we have to stain the whole thing over when we are done.   Got a flat tire on teh lift the other day and it started comign off the rim.  Spent 2 days trying to get that back on and aired up.  

See I told you my bad luck might be contagious. 

20 hours ago, auburnseeker said:

Must be I'm rubbing off on you.  Everything I do,  right or wrong seems to go south.  I painted all my doors.  Sprayed them so I wouldn't have brush strokes with automotive paint.  Now it's lifting off the grilles and the glass dropped in the doors after I painted them so there is a 3/8 inch white strip across the top of each door.  

My board and batten siding started curling right off the building though I put it up with what I thought the cup being the right way.  So I pulled that down and put up new ones with a very prominent cup and screwed them all on with deck screws. We also pre stained all the siding.  Then after having them stacked for 2 years,  the stickers we stacked them with all left marks so we have to stain the whole thing over when we are done.   Got a flat tire on teh lift the other day and it started comign off the rim.  Spent 2 days trying to get that back on and aired up.  

See I told you my bad luck might be contagious. 

Gosh, that is terrible.  Sounds like the only luck you have is bad luck.  Hope things get better.

2 hours ago, Larry Schramm said:

Gosh, that is terrible.  Sounds like the only luck you have is bad luck.  Hope things get better.

You learn to roll with the punches.  The funny part ,  if you want to call it that, is whenever I do work for other people it always comes out great, but stuff for myself never does.  

You said your garage leaked.  What leaked the roof or did you have water run in around the base?  It didn't look like alot of drainage in the photos if you get one of those real turd floaters like we had last night.  I always worry about snow sliding off and then rain running in along the base as well.  

2 hours ago, auburnseeker said:

You learn to roll with the punches.  The funny part ,  if you want to call it that, is whenever I do work for other people it always comes out great, but stuff for myself never does.  

Been there, done that on my stuff verses other stuff.  Know the pain.

• Like 1

Leak fixed. Got some light fixtures off Craigslist. Planning for about 75k lumens of ceiling mounted lighting (about 13ft up).  Task lighting to be added later.

20190425_165505.jpg

• Like 2

Got to love having power.  I'm running off the other garage with a 100 foot extension cord.   I can't wait for the day I can have outlets every 4 foot and lights on a switch.  It will be nice to get my big blast cabinet out of my storage trailer and put it back to use. 

Of course that's after I pour my floor most likely and scrape up the 10G it's going to cost to electrify the shop as I have to run a new service quite possibly a few hundred feet through our nice solid rocky soil. \

You mentioned you had a leak on your floor when you finished it.  What caused it?