WTB 1956 Carter WCFB Carburetor model 2347S

Beemon

You'll have to see my other thread in Post War, but my dual Rochesters are seeping at the soldered plugs at both accelerator pumps. The car sat for a week while I pieced together another starter and when I opened the hood to replace the relay, there were droplets of fuel hanging from the accelerator pump casting. If I'm going to re-seal them, I have to take them off the car anyways. Plus as it goes around the forums, Carters are better with ethanol than Rochesters. It was a sad revelation but something that cannot be ignored.

My other alternative is either the Edelbrock 600CFM or two Holley 390CFM carburetors. Neither of which work with the original wiring. :P

• Like 1

I apologize if this is a legit vendor but buying online can sometimes be dangerous. If it's not from someone you trust or is a long time member, and especially if they just made an account today to sell you something without giving information like where they're from, who they work for and additional contact information, do not deal with them. I will never buy from someone who just made an account today with zero posts. From the USA? What part? 

Screenshot_2016-08-14-10-46-05.png

Screenshot_2016-08-14-10-46-21.png

Sounds fishy to me too. His IP address shows Manassas Va. I'd pass on him if it were me. 

Sorry if one of those leaking carbs is one I sold you, I don't recall ever cleaning it with anything. Considering all the expense and work you've put into these and the excellent advice given here re a fix, would it not be prudent to carry on with the Rochester's?

The email address that he listed is not the same email that he registered on the forum. A Google search of his email address from the message shows a history of scam messages on another site. He has been banned. A good rule of thumb is that any message from someone with zero posts who is offering to sell you something will always be a scam. You can hit the report button on such messages and a moderator will be able to review the message and take appropriate action.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, MrEarl said:

Sorry if one of those leaking carbs is one I sold you, I don't recall ever cleaning it with anything. Considering all the expense and work you've put into these and the excellent advice given here re a fix, would it not be prudent to carry on with the Rochester's?

I'm in a sticky situation right now where I may or may not need to remove the dual intake due to insurance issues,  on top of the seeping Rochesters. I would also need to remove both from the car to fulfill the repairs, which I'm unfortunately not equipped to do so at this point. The carbs work great otherwise! I would just prefer to swap manifolds at the current time so I can still enjoy the car for what it is instead of it having to sit further. From what Jon said in the thread, it sounds like the wcfb is the way to go anyways. 

There's a stuck core at the yard I frequent off a 55 and there's also another wcfb that's also siezed on a 53. I don't know the difference in carbs to know if parts are comparable or not and I also don't know if a 55 carb will flow as well as a 56 given the different heads, so I thought I'd try my luck. 

I like the Rochesters, I just have two of them that need the repairs and the car will be sitting until I can figure out how to do them. 

Do you have any fishing sinkers?

You have the Rochesters working.

The e-clone is a pain in the (pick some part of your anatomy to fill in here). It won't fit the manfold without a less than efficient adapter, it will require major tuning, as well as an aircleaner, linkage, fuel lines, etc.

The 390 Holleys will require a bunch of tuning; and in my experience will leak far worse than what you currently have. Call me if you wish more info on this.

573-392-7378 (9-4 Mon-Tues central time).

Jon.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Beemon said:

I apologize if this is a legit vendor but buying online can sometimes be dangerous. If it's not from someone you trust or is a long time member, and especially if they just made an account today to sell you something without giving information like where they're from, who they work for and additional contact information, do not deal with them. I will never buy from someone who just made an account today with zero posts. From the USA? What part? 

Screenshot_2016-08-14-10-46-05.png

Screenshot_2016-08-14-10-46-21.png

scam he tried it on with me for ac parts tried to get me to wire transfer money for parts when I mentioned paypal he evaporated

• 2 weeks later...

Are you still looking for this carb?  I think i might have a NOS one in storage.  I originally was going to put a 3x2 on my 56 buick but sold it before i did and i still have some of the carbs i acquired to use on it.  Give me a couple days and i can supply some pictures.