Teves Accumulator

ChrisWhewell

I don't need an accumulator...yet.   But I did a little searching using GM # 25528382 and it appears they were possibly used on some Jaguar models, as well as 1994 Berettas and possibly some other GM models.  Is there a list of other vehicles that came with accumulators that would work in our cars ?   i.e., if I go to a boneyard and they don't have any Reattas, I might just unknowingly walk past another vehicle that has the part I need....  

I have a few good used units. I won't sell them due to liability concerns, but will use on my own cars after testing them to ensure they are good. I bought two NOS ones before the supply evaporated to have for the day when my existing ones and good used ones are shot, but expect that will be a while yet.

I see no issue using a used one as long as you thoroughly test it on car and verify it pasees the test. I wouldn't expect a long service life, but it is better than having to park the car out of service until you can find/afford a NOS or an aftermarket replacement. Just my take, YMMV.

On 7/14/2016 at 4:35 PM, KDirk said:

I have a few good used units. I won't sell them due to liability concerns, but will use on my own cars after testing them to ensure they are good. I bought two NOS ones before the supply evaporated to have for the day when my existing ones and good used ones are shot, but expect that will be a while yet.

I see no issue using a used one as long as you thoroughly test it on car and verify it pasees the test. I wouldn't expect a long service life, but it is better than having to park the car out of service until you can find/afford a NOS or an aftermarket replacement. Just my take, YMMV.

You have no liability selling a used part.  Should that be the case, salvage yards wouldn't exist.

Salvage yards do try to protect themselves. The last one I went to had each customer going into the yard read their disclaimer and when you pushed a button on the counter to accept the terms a camera took your photo pushing the button. That wouldn't keep your wife from suing them for lost use of a husband but it might help if you tried to sue them. :lol:

Used accumulators are a crap shoot.  If I find a car with the Teves system I get the "pump assembly" and the accumulator is part of that....do not expect them to be good but sometimes good enough to get someone back on the road until they can get a new one.

Chris.......In the early '80's the Teves ABS was the only game in town and many manufacturers used it......but it was not standard on most.  The Reatta was the exception.  I think Cadillac Eldorados and Sevilles WITH the touring option got the Teves system.....my experience has been it takes several trips to the salvage yard to find a car with the system.  I recenly read that Lincoln Continental VI can with Teves but I have never seen one of those in the salvage yard. 

A few years back I talked to the SAAB dealers parts guys and they thought it was used on SAAB but they did not have one in stock....they looked up the price and it was $300 from them

• Like 1

Gibson's has a Mark 6 and it has the Teves, but it is tucked way under. I wouldn't be interested in it because of the effort required. There are enough of the other GM cars that come through so I grab those as they are much easier to remove.

Your source for Reatta parts is much better than mine.......two weeks ago I went to the yard because a local club member said they had a Reatta.  When I got there, one of the forum members from Houston was there taking parts.  It was a red 1988 with tan interior.