CARS Engine Paint?

PWB

Yes. It should be a darker red with the slightest hint toward orange.

Sorry about that glop on yours EmTee.

Thanks for link Chimera. I'll go with Hirsch. I didn't know they had spray cans and a tolerable price.

- Winter project :ph34r:

I've never had a problem using the same color from two different batches;  it's always matched for me.  Who's to say that two different aerosols don't come from different batches???  If you're really concerned with getting a good paint job on your engine, you should buy a quart and spray it on with a paint gun.  I've done both and needles to say, the gun will give you a much nicer coating than the aerosols will. Plus you know that the color will be uniform for the entire job.

I like to support the vendors who support the ROA.  Glen with CARS made it to Williamsburg with enough stuff to fill three tables, the walls behind the tables, and the floors under the tables with all sorts of repo parts for our cars, as well as providing door prizes and the bags that all of the "goodies" come in. Hirsch doesn't even give us a flyer for the goodie bag.  If we don't support those who support us, soon they're be no one to support us.

Ed

• Like 2

Good point Riv Nut. I have purchased items from CARS with good results. And will get more from them.

I don't have a shop or compressor. Just off parts here, so I'd like shared experience with their spray paint if any anyone has it, please.

Thanks

As I said, I've done both aerosol and paint gun using CARS Buick green. I painted all the brackets etc. using aerosols, and the big stuff using a spray gun.  After bolting the parts together,  you can't tell any difference.  I even did some touch-up using a Prevalve sprayer with paint from a can.