Determining options-65

jframe

Is there any way to determine individual options installed, short of finding a build sheet? Are build sheets common in first gen Rivs, and if so, where is some possible locations? Mine is a 60,000 mile mostly original car, and I have managed to decode most of the Fisher Body plate under the hood, but I DO have some confusion in regards to group 3, which has "3T" on my car, and doesn't seem to be listed on the list of codes on the ROA website. I'm just interested in learning as much as I can about this car, since I am new to these cars. Thanks in advance.

I DO have some confusion in regards to group 3, which has "3T" on my car, and doesn't seem to be listed on the list of codes on the ROA website. I'm just interested in learning as much as I can about this car, since I am new to these cars. Thanks in advance.

3T is the code for the rear seat center arm rest option.

I've submitted a revised/corrected list of options to Ray so that the codes on the website are complete for the Riviera and I've ask him to delete those items which are not applicable to the Riviera.  I've also created a list of data plate codes for the '63 which I'm hoping that he'll incorporate into that same link on the website.  

If anyone has an original NOT a reproduction window sticker, I'd like to see it so I can see what it says on the bottom about "standard equipment on the Riviera that may be options on other models."

I have the wording for a '63 and I'm pretty sure that I have one for a '64.  Anyone with an original NOT a reproduction of a '64 window sticker, I'd like to see it as well so that I can confirm what I have.

Here's what's on a '63.  I'm looking for the same for the '65 model and would like to confirm what I have for a '64.

THE FOLLOWING ITEMS, OPTIONAL ON SOME OTHER MODELS, ARE

STANDARD EQUIPEMENT ON THIS 1963 MODEL………………………………

RIVIERA 2 DR. SPORT COUPE

TURBINE DRIVE TRANSMISSION – RIVIERA WHEEL COVERS - LICENSE

PLATE FRAME – ELECTRIC CLOCK – FOAM PADDED BUCKET SEATS, FRONT

AND REAR – AUTOMATIC TRUNK LIGHT – DUAL EXHAUST – EASY POWER

STEERING – POWER BRAKES – WINDSHIELD WASHER AND 2 SPEED WIPERS

BACK-UP LIGHTS – GLARE PROOF MIRROR – PARKING BRAKE SIGNAL

LIGHT

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ed

• Like 1

Sean,

Those are great; just what I looking for.  Thank you very much.  I find one thing interesting when I read the statement at the bottom of the '65 window stickers.  There's no mention of the tilt wheel being standard equipment on the Riviera for this year.  It was an option in the two previous years and an option on other full sized models.  Does anyone have any insight into this?

It warms my little heart to see white wall tires listed on all of them.

Bernie

They only show up on the window sticker because the white side wall tires were an option.   If you didn't order the white-sidewall option, there would be no mention of tires on the sticker.  :)  

Sean,

Those are great; just what I looking for.  Thank you very much.  I find one thing interesting when I read the statement at the bottom of the '65 window stickers.  There's no mention of the tilt wheel being standard equipment on the Riviera for this year.  It was an option in the two previous years and an option on other full sized models.  Does anyone have any insight into this?

Ed,

According to the 65 sales catalog, tilt steering wheel was listed as standard equipment. 

Bob Bonto

I was asking for insight as to why the tilt wheel wasn't mentioned in the statement that appears at the bottom of the window sticker.  It seem kind of strange that such an obvious item would have been left out. 

You'll also notice in both examples of the '65 window stickers that Sean Smith provided in post #3, that Buick used the British spelling of the word molding - moulding - and it also makes reference to "bright exterior mouldings ....... door window frame."  We're all aware that all of the first generation Rivieras had frameless window glass. Any insights into this?  Or is this an example of what my older step son and his company are guilty of - a bunch of really bright engineers who didn't pay attention in English class so they write in clauses and phrases and misspell a lot of stuff.

Ed