KAISER DARRIN OWNERS AND ENTHUSIASTS

kfcarguy

I am Editor of the Kaiser Darrin Newsletter/Registry for the Kaiser Frazer Owners Club International (KFOCI).

I am always looking to add "lost" cars to the Registry.

If you own one and are not in the Registry, PM me.

If you know of one, let the owner know of me.

Additionally I can aid in the restoration of these rare cars.

Finally, there is a Facebook page...Kaiser Darrin Enthusiast

Guest AlCapone

How desirable can they be when it took one of our members ( nick8086 ) a year to get a fuel pump. Nobody wants to tie up their car for a year waiting for parts, I know I don't ! Wayne

If my memory is correct, there was an old country-western song...."Looking for Parts in All the Wrong Places".

These rare cars are finally rearing their plastic front ends out of barns and garages for restoration.

Considering the number that are going across the various auction blocks in mostly restored condition, parts are available to those that search correctly.

Parts are expensive, and it one passes on a part, waiting for a better deal, they will have lost both time and money--prices do not go down.

Considering that I am the point man for Kaiser Darrins, I was never asked for a fuel pump by anyone in this thread.

Guest AlCapone

I think the experiences of some members need to be taken with a large grain of salt

Your point hit home Carl! I understand ! Wayne

DARRINS.pdf

I took this photo at the Chemung Valley Region AACA show in Hornell, NY in 2001. The picture was used in the 2002 AACA Calendar, (September.) All three cars are Darrins, two Kaisers and a 1940 Packard Darrin. (#40 of 41 built?) At the time all three were owned by CVR members. Last I heard the two yellow cars are in the Demurs collection in Canada, the mint green Kaiser is still in the Corning, NY area.
(You may have to adjust the photo some - I'm not a good scanner.)

Edited by AC Fuhrman (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
On 6/10/2019 at 2:06 PM, Sarah33 said:

Hello!

We are currently restoring a 1954 Kaiser Darrin. We are looking for any info on the original Yellow Satin #157.

Any info is greatly appreciated!

-Sarah

I have a few spare parts for sale also..

Picking up more darrin parts in 2020 - road trip..

IMG_0024.JPG

IMG_3773[15417].JPG

IMG_3774[15419].JPG

IMG_8240.JPG

Edited by nick8086 (see edit history)

On 6/10/2019 at 3:06 PM, Sarah33 said:

Hello!

We are currently restoring a 1954 Kaiser Darrin. We are looking for any info on the original Yellow Satin #157.

Any info is greatly appreciated!

-Sarah

both interior and roof vinyl material is available from KAISER FRAZER OWNER'S CLUB INTERNATIONAL

you do not need to be a member to order, but you will pay an additional 15%

goto kfclub.com and skip to Manufacturing Fund

paint code is PPG  DDL-81606, Acrylic Lacquer

• 1 month later...

There's a place in orlando called "M Bar." It's a private car collection that the owner decided to turn into a bar as well. They have a private event space off of the bar called the Darrin room. There are 10 Darrins in that collection. I've been meaning to get over there to see the cars in person. There's a possibility some of them are not on the registry.

https://journal.classiccars.com/2019/04/26/a-bar-with-cars-and-lots-of-them/

• 4 months later...