1928 Buick Rodster for sale

Guest Bob Nance

Happy New Year , Bob ! I am spending too much time falling in love with your beautiful Buick from the scant single pic shown. If not for my state of advanced decline, it would be mine now. I have never made a request of the owner of a car I can not buy yet. But in this case , I beg you or the soon to be lucky and proud owner : Please , more pics ! I ante up the following pics in trade. This is the repair progress on an original , unrestored 1927 Cadillac standard 5 pass. sedan. An earlier clumsy owner aggressively buffed the original paint until the pinstriping was almost totally erased. Enough remained that we could research the original presentation , and do a pretty accurate job. The wheels are new , made by Tom Dessert here in Washington State. The originals are fine , but the paint (matching the green body) , is getting delicate. I want to drive this car , so the original wheels will be carefully preserved for the next owner. Along with many of us old guys , I love mid - late '20s cars. Super fun old drivers ! Fairly powerful engines , and 4 wheel brakes. But I love their ancient styling , crashboxes , and their throwback wood artillery wheels. Man , does your car have it all ! Thanking you in advance for more pics if you can for all of us who must also have fallen in love with your roadster. - Carl

post-139274-0-26800400-1452205699_thumb.

post-139274-0-06502000-1452205727_thumb.

post-139274-0-48918200-1452205754_thumb.

post-139274-0-51206500-1452205780_thumb.

post-139274-0-42956000-1452205822_thumb.

Edited by C Carl (see edit history)

Guest Bob Nance

Carl

thanks for your words ,, man that's a nice cad, my neighbor has several old caddies,, he is a restorer, good guy, the buick is a great car and fun but I have too many ,, trying to cut down a bit,  the Buick is a 20 footer,  fun to drive but you have to like the old cars, double clutching etc, as you see my 32 I am also a hot rodder, drag racer,  but Im stuck in the 20 's  , not a lot of us left it seems. my email is Nanceb38@sbcglobal.net drop me a line , Bob

Hey Bob, Carl's Cadillac looks familiar doesn't it? Like the one I worked on for the winery up valley. His Cadillac is a couple years newer than the 24 cad touring I have in the shop now. And just the last year of the V63 before the 341 model came out in 1928. My 29 Cad phaeton and the 29 roadster I restored are almost the same as introduced in 1928. Carl's 27 is probably a fantastic tour car- They are a good solid dependable driver. Yep, hate to see your Buick roadster go, but that will clear a spot for you to get the 1922 Chevy Baby Grand in place to get it back together. After all, you are the second owner of the Chevy-- We want to see that one back on the road after more than 70+ years in storage---  

Hi guys , is the '24 Cad touring you are working on like this ? I have had this car for 26 years. It is original and unrestored. Even the top and headliner are original. I used Surflex as a top dressing when I first got it. Looks great still. Ray Pierce of Akron - Canton Oh. from whom I bought the car said it was repainted maybe as long ago as the '50s. Fortunately in original colors. Other than that , I finished the wheels as you see , since the original intricate pinstriping had been painted over. If you look closely at the rear 1/4 view , you can see the turn signals I found NOS at a swap meet. Engine vacuum extends the semaphore out , and it swings and lights up. Cancel , and it sucks back in. This is a period correct mid '20s accessory. It certainly looks good as mounted , but was intended for closed cars. You see the proper mounting under the visor on the '27. This pic was taken last April on a 400 mi. shakedown at The George White House in the hills above Hood River , Or. Beer and hard cider is the specialty of the house. I had pear. If you need some reference standard for the work you are doing on your '24 let me know. Bob , I have been very busy , and will send you an email soon. I am finding out some amazing things about early gasoline that may explain a problem I have been having with my old Cadillacs when they fully warm up on a hot day. My beat up old Mechanical Engineers Handbook , and postings from guys on another thread has given me an insight which I will share soon. I need a bit more research time. My M.E. Handbook is a sixth edition which rolled off the press around 50 years ago when I received my flight engineers training. The smoking gun will be in the 2nd or 3rd edition (1924 and 1930). Anyone out there have one ?

Hey , Bob , I wonder how the sale is going on your roadster. That seems like a lot of true 1928 roadster for the money. Might be a good idea to post also on the general for sale. Also , low mileage and original but for the repaint , the more pics the better. I hope to drive the '27 down the coast in a month or so , and need to drive it to a CLC member in Sebastopol , Ca. How far are you from there ? It would be great fun to swap drives and compare in the unlikely event that you still have your Buick. - Carl

post-139274-0-49904400-1452935814_thumb.

post-139274-0-79097600-1452935862_thumb.

post-139274-0-32756700-1452935970_thumb.

post-139274-0-84581300-1452936018_thumb.

post-139274-0-29124100-1452936094_thumb.

Edited by C Carl (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...