How common was this??

nick8086

My stock (mostly) 1948 Chevrolet has the floor starter, which I hate.  Both my 1947 and 1950 Crosleys have a button starter on the dash, just to the left of the steering column, which I like.  Of course the starter control that I REALLY hate is today's dash-mounted button which does it all, and is more akin to flipping the ON/OFF switch on an electric motor ... which, I guess is where we're headed :( .  

Crank 'em up,

Grog

It saved the cost of a solenoid. Imagine gripping the wheel with both hands, stretching out you leg, and swearing. What a way to start the day........ when it's really cold and just grunts.

And think of all those old guys whom couldn't get their foot up to the dash when they moved the button up there!

Check out a Startix and the simplicity will make you smile.

Bernie

Edited by 60FlatTop (see edit history)

When I rebuilt my 37 Chevy p/u I thought I was stepping up with going with a car starter and using the ignition switch,kind of missed the foot stomp starter and when the starter needed rebuilding I put a rebuilt correct foot stomp starter back on. I had a 55 Dodge truck with a 6 cylinder that still had the foot stomp starter.