73 Riviera on Cincinnati Craigslist=

Ted "Wildcat65" Nagel

It does look like a real nice unmolested car and nicely optioned too. Maybe a little on the high side but if original miles I wouldn't be surprised to see someone pay it. The bucket seats coupled with GS seem to make people open the wallet. Looks like the trunk carpet was replaced. I'd want to see it in person. Normally its not common to gut the interior for rust sealing on a pristine 18k garage kept car. Pic for comparison of how road wheels changes the personality.

post-93929-0-94432800-1442414285_thumb.j

post-93929-0-73366100-1442414474_thumb.j

Edited by JZRIV (see edit history)

It does look like a real nice unmolested car and nicely optioned too. Maybe a little on the high side but if original miles I wouldn't be surprised to see someone pay it. The bucket seats coupled with GS seem to make people open the wallet. Looks like the trunk carpet was replaced. I'd want to see it in person. Normally its not common to gut the interior for rust sealing on a pristine 18k garage kept car. Pic for comparison of how road wheels changes the personality.

Weird aspect ratio on pictures does not help, but IMHO it is worthy.  Makes me miss Burnished Cinnamon Centurion I had.

Holy cow is that gorgeous.  Simply gorgeous.  I love that exterior color.

I agree it does seem a bit pricey ... but, if that's what it takes to get it to an owner who will care for it, etc., then fine by me!

Cort :) www.oldcarsstronghearts.com

pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve | 1979 Caprice Classic (awaiting new owner)
"What I really need is an open road" __ Montgomery Gentry __ 'Speed'

Jason,

I think that you didn't elaborate enough in showing the comparison of the car first posted and the one with the road wheels.  You didn't tell everyone that the car with the road wheels is yours.

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

Correct color name is burnt coral. It was the most popular color in 73 and most often came with the white or sandelwood interior and top. 

75% of Rivs got chrome wheels in 73. 

After looking closer at the engine and other pics in the CL ad, that car looks really original. Boat tails aren't easy or cheap to restore because of parts availability and from a cost perspective, you couldn't come close to buying one that needs paint, some chrome and/or maybe interior work for the price of this one especially if the mileage can be confirmed. Asking price is $19.5. Assuming one could go with cash in hand and get a beautiful, nicely optioned GS with buckets for maybe $17 or $18k.  

Yea Randy, the car had white walls when I got it. Since it had the black top and interior Rhonda said go with black walls. After they were installed I think that was the main turning point when I thought "maybe I'll keep this car".

• Like 1