Film Premiere

Thriller

http://app.mailoverboard.com/t/ViewEmail/r/6E16843FADB0CAAE2540EF23F30FEDED

In three weeks, a short film (about 25 minutes to make it available for TV) will premiere here in Winnipeg about Terry Sawchuk growing up here. My '41 Special makes a brief appearance. If all goes as planned, we will have the car at the event. The director hopes to have me drive VIPs to center ice with it.

• Like 1

I will be in touch with the writer / producer / director / cinematographer this week to discuss logistics. It is cleared to drive on the ice surface provided we wash down the tires of any gravel before driving on...apparently they aren't concerned about what the car may drip on the ice surface.

The car has been given a quick wash this week along with oil change / lube / given the once over. If things go well I will have it at a local cruise-in tonight.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't have the camera with me, but do have a couple photos on my phone.

I first drove the car down to the University of Manitoba to watch the boys play in a volleyball tournament. From there it was to Terry Sawchuk Memorial Arena for the premiere. We had to be there early to deal with some logistics. After the national anthems were played, we got in the car - two of Terry Sawchuk's son and a grandson were up from Detroit for the premiere and I chauffeured them onto the arena ice with the '41. There was more pomp and ceremony including a face off with the two sons. The film was watched by what I estimate to be about 500 followed by autographs and a VIP reception with perogies and beer.

It was a lot of fun and the car garnered a lot of attention through the day.

• Like 4