Allentown Host Hotel Rate?

Smartin

I called one hotel on the list Thursday (8/7/15) and they said the "Buick"  block had not been put on the computer.........should be there on 8/10/15.

I called today (8/11/15) and there was no one to take reservations .... I left a message at noon and so far no reply.

I understand the desire to save $$ but a BDE member that lives in Allentown,  tells me the traffic on hwy 22 can be a problem morning and night.  

That means if you are at the Best Western or Hampton you may be sitting in traffic or trying to find city streets to get to the show site.

They also say the Renaissance Allentown is a nice hotel but is not in the best part of town......take that for what it is worth.   I attempted to find it on Google street map and gave up.  

I understand the desire to save $$ but a BDE member that lives in Allentown,  tells me the traffic on hwy 22 can be a problem morning and night.  

That means if you are at the Best Western or Hampton you may be sitting in traffic or trying to find city streets to get to the show site.

They also say the Renaissance Allentown is a nice hotel but is not in the best part of town......take that for what it is worth.   I attempted to find it on Google street map and gave up.  

The renaissance is in center city Allentown. Maybe things are better lately but I stopped venturing there years ago........Bob

Edited by Bhigdog (see edit history)

My understanding is that there really is no "Host Hotel" as we have had at most National meets. All Anniversary events, classes , meetings, hospitality room etc will be at the Bulgari Complex. Exception will be the Banquet Saturday night.

• Like 1

One list of hotels available at the Allentown table in Springfield listed the Renaissance as the Host.

As noted above, everything but the Heritage Alliance Gala, and the Celebration Banquet will be held at the show site (Bulgari's facility)   

The registration form makes no mention about tours ....departing from where?  

Probabaly from the Bulgari facility also called the "American Motorcar Complex" on another handout from Springfield.

Make your reservations now........the close-in hotels will fill quickly then the only choices will be the remote ones. 

After calling my choice of hotels several times,  yesterday, they finally had the room block loaded and I was able to make reservations.  

Guest COMPACTBC

I would suggest you get ahold of AAA and get a map of Lehigh Valley, PA. 

The Bulgari Museum is called "America on Wheels Museum" http://www.americaonwheels.org  The address is 5 North Front St. Allentown, PA 18102. My reservation is at Ramada Whitehall/Allentown, 1500 MacArthur Rd, Whitehall, PA which is 2.6 miles from the "Host Hotel" and only 2.7 miles from the Bulgari Museum.

I would suggest you get ahold of AAA and get a map of Lehigh Valley, PA. 

The Bulgari Museum is called "America on Wheels Museum" http://www.americaonwheels.org  The address is 5 North Front St. Allentown, PA 18102. My reservation is at Ramada Whitehall/Allentown, 1500 MacArthur Rd, Whitehall, PA which is 2.6 miles from the "Host Hotel" and only 2.7 miles from the Bulgari Museum.

Bruce, Forgive me if I am wrong but I believe America on Wheels is its own separate museum with Mr. B displaying some vehicles in the museum. And again apologies for the public correction but I am certain (as I have been there) the AOW museum is on the west side of the river and the Bulgari complex is on the east side of the river. One of the buildings on the complex has an address of  801 N Ellsworth St, Allentown, PA 18109. This is the building that has been discussed as being used for registration pick up (subject to change between now and show day of course). Hope that helps.

Bulgari's location is close to the intersection of Airport and Union Blvd.

If you locate Union, Fenwick, and Ellsworth  Bulgari is inside that triangle.

A little research on the internet and you can find articles in the local paper with color pictures of the proposed site changes. 

Google map does not show much update so it is difficult to tell anything about the progress of the construction.

• 2 weeks later...