How long does it take to get AACA membership info?

uh6077

I signed up a while ago but haven't received anything yet. I did get an email saying the order accepted but no membership number or anything else. Seems like I am paying for a year but will really only get 11 months (or less maybe). If I wanted to go to the museum right now or get an AACA discount from a vendor I couldn't because even thought I have paid I don't have a membership number. doesn't really seem fair. I realize getting paperwork and cards sent out can take a while but it should be easy to email a membership number so if nothing else the new guy can proudly say "I am a member!"

Generally I think that headquarters staff is pretty fast on stuff like that. It is always possible that it got lost in the mail. I would suggest you call headquarter's on Monday and the staff can help you with this issue. If you want to send me your name by Private Message, I will be happy to check to see if I can find you in the online membership roster accessible from the main page of the website and can at least give you your membership number if you would like.

Headquarters contact information is available at the following link:

http://www.aaca.org/About-AACA/contact-us.html

A month and a half is really unacceptable. I haven't been waiting that long. Holidays, busy staff or whatever is not an excuse to make someone wait over a month to get something they paid for. You need to call and complain, in a nice way of course. There might be someone in the office that is slacking off and the rest of the staff may have no idea.

The greatest bulk of AACA's roughly 60,000 National Memberships are renewed each year between October and December. That is a lot of paperwork, check and credit card processing plus return mail during the holiday rush.

From my personal experience, nobody in the office is slacking off. The office personnel always do a fantastic job, in my opinion.

Sorry, I just was informed on this post. Please email me at aaca1@aaca.org if you have a problem or call me at 717-534-1910. There are many reasons a membership may not have been processed timely and on a RARE occasion it could be human error. No one is perfect. We do not print the membership cards normally in house but during the rush time..that is done by a company we employ. I do know that several thousand went out last week.

Guys, please do not be patient...it takes us a few seconds to see if it has been processed and if not we can start a research. With 60,000 cards to send out they could get lost in the system, in the mail, etc. Call Karen or myself at the office and we can get you an answer or send me an email at aaca1@aaca.org We just need to know your name. We seriously do our best to process everything as fast as possible.

Called today and they said they were behind a bit. They emailed me my member number and pin number a few hours later. They said it would be a few weeks before the membership card arrives but as long as I have the member number I should be good.