re: buying tires for a 1965 Wildcat

Johnny Buick

Good Morning Everyone and Happy New Year to you from a very cold Sioux Falls!

I have just had my 5 Rally Wheels returned to me rechromed from Rally America and they look fantastic!! Can I say better than new.

What a great job they did and their service and communication was great throughout the process.

They painted the centres Argent and I am impressed.

I now need to find new tires to fit these rims and will keep to the correct bias ply tires. Can anyone suggest to me where I can go to get the "correct" tires, size and brand name? I would like to find the 8.85 x 15 and from what I can gather 1.3 inch white wall? Your comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

John

BCA #46404

ROA #14353

That whitewall is too wide, max is 1", I prefer a 3/4" 235/75/15 is the best looking size IMHO.

coker has an 855/15 bias ply that is the closest to the factory whitewall bias ply.

Here is mine with Firestone 235/75/15 tires sourced from eBay! Wheels were redone by RallyAmerica over ten years ago. Still beautiful.

79F77BC8-9487-4B2E-891D-FCFA261E99C9-2751-000003728231EABC_zps0ef16657.jpg

Hello Ted, Ed, Marty and Ted

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my thread. I will contact Diamond Back and see what they have to offer. I have already emailed Coker and Wallace Wade, (they advertise in the Bugle) and will wait to read what they have to say. Wow, Ted Nagle what a great looking "Cat". Will you be taking this car to Springfield later on this year? Thank you once again.

Regards

John