Reproduction Rubber Spring Damper Wanted

Thanks for posting the pictures for me John . I checked Steele Rubber before doing this post and could only find coil spring rubber parts . I was told that this piece was already made by a few car clubs a few years ago and I am trying to find it . If nearchoclateown can make one would it not need to be made from a very hard rubber ? The most that would be needed would be around 12 pieces maybe .

Has anyone ever experimented with two component compounds that make hard rubber molds for a project such as dampers ?

I've always wondered if a composite compound would work for DIY projects in regards to bushings, grommets, etc..

I don't see why a guy couldn't make his own molds for these types of things but then again it may not be practical. I know the kits range from $50-$150 depending on the amount needed.

Any thoughts ?

I made some spring bumpers for a 29 Plymouth I restored years ago and it worked pretty well. They still looked new 30 years later. They make a primer that bonds the rubber to metal and I had to make a rather intricate mold to get everything to work, but it can be done. I'm not sure how it would work in applications where a lot of stress is involved, like the "Floating Power" motor mounts on my 32 dodge DL. Tom Hanniford of Then and Now Auto remanufactured mine and did an excellent job. He vulcanizes the rubber to the metal parts under high heat and pressure. I would have spent almost as much buying the rubber compounds as he charged me for the work. For small stuff - firewall grommets, spring bumpers, it works fine.

I need a driver side reproduction rubber spring damper . I understand that the 1932 Dodges used the same part and some were reproduced recently . Any lead or contact would be appreciated . Thanks

The 32 Dodge DL uses an entirely different setup. It looks like this:

IMG_3764_zps5b53faba.jpg

It uses springs rather than rubber.

IMG_3748_zpse85ce7f6.jpg

IMG_3751_zpsb74e8aae.jpg