56 Buick parts

Guest jef1956

Guest jef1956

I'm replacing complete drive train shortly and was wondering if there is anyone interested in dynaflow trans, rear end, front and rear coil springs, brake parts, master cylinder power brakes. Let me know if there is any interest in purchasing any of this.

If the power brakes were working properly, I'd be interested in the power brake booster & master cylinder. If you are close to Texas, I would be interested in the transmission, but not if it has to be shipped a big distance. Also need the water manifold on the 322 engine if you are parting out the engine.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Leonard, Texas

Guest jef1956

The parts would be located in Eagle, Wisconsin. Parts would be available this spring. The engine I'm keeping to put in a 39 Chevy coupe some day

Guest Carczar

Yes, we are restoring a '56 2 door special and need the piece that connects the brake pedal to the master cylinder.. It's something that bolts to the back/inside of the brake pedal. Mikes (Buick bonnery) was supposed to get me one but you know how that goes...!! also need good backup lites lenses & lots of other stuff but that's all I can remember tonight...Oh yeah... also front hub dust covers... those got lost somehow...

Try CTC Auto Ranch in Denton, TX. They have a website and advertise in Hemmings. While restoring our 71 Buick Riviera they were very dependable and honest. Unfortunately, they didn't among all of their 56 Buicks a complete power steering assembly. Neither did Desert Auto Parts. The car was sold before I could locate a power steering assembly, and I wouldn't want any car anymore without power steering. Well.......there is/was a beautiful 47 Special sedan on AutoTraders. Man, to be ten or twenty years younger. :)

• 5 weeks later...
Guest jef1956

we are starting the transformation on my 56 Buick and all of the drive train, front suspension parts, front and rear coil springs with a 2" drop, rear shocks with helper springs, torque tube and ball, power master cylinder with booster, rear axle complete with drum brakes. Everything is for sale. Transmission, engine, drive shaft, brake drums, spindle all heavy items would need to be picked up in Wisconsin. Contact me with your required parts needed and I will provide pricing.

Guest jef1956

Have not heard anything from Pete should have master cylinder out of the car in the next two weeks, price would be $175.00 plus shipping. all sales would be cash or check no credit cars.

Guest jef1956

Matt,

Will try to get pictures this week, drums are in good condition had complete brake job with the drums recut 8 years ago only have put maybe 5,000 miles since done. price would be $35.00 ea. plus shipping. Cash or cashiers check only.

Hello jef1956,

Michael from Sweden asking, need for my 56 super 4 door ht the rear left/right doortrim and the right lower quater trim on fender. Do you have any?

Thanks

Michael

I'm replacing complete drive train shortly and was wondering if there is anyone interested in dynaflow trans, rear end, front and rear coil springs, brake parts, master cylinder power brakes. Let me know if there is any interest in purchasing any of this.

Guest jef1956

Engine and trans are in excellent condition. Have had the car for 15 years and over the years I have replaced water pump, fuel pump and starter. The trans was rebuild in 2004. Engine comes with fuel pump, starter, pulleys, power steering pump and distributor with petronics modification. Price is$1,200.00 complete, engine and trans would need to be picked up from Eagle, Wisconsin.post-33736-143142923084_thumb.jpg

post-33736-143142923081_thumb.jpg

jeff, bringing this back to the top for you and have a question. How did you mount that Cadillac breather onto the 2 bbl carb? I love those breathers and had plans to use one on one of my 54's at one time but never checked to see if it would fit directly to a Carter 2082S.

Would be a good opportunity for someone to grab a good '56 322 and tranny here. Best (and last ) year of the 322 and matching Dynaflow. Always amazed me how Buick increased horsepower on these little V-8's over the 4 years they were in production.

1953 - 188 HP

1954 - 200 HP

1955 - 235 HP

1956 - 255 HP

Sorry to hear you decided not to keep it for your 39 Chevy Coupe

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jef1956

Just a note the Engine, Trans, power brake booster with M/C and steering box are sold. Coil springs, shocks, brake drums, brake shoes, wheel cylinders, rear end, torque tube are still available.

Guest jef1956

Just to let everyone know the Engine/Trans, brake booster and steering box are sold still have front and rear brake drums, shoes, wheel cylinders, shocks and coil springs. coil springs are sided for a 2" drop Mr. Earl was reading through threads and see I didn't answer you on how I mounted the Cadillac air cleaner on a 2 barrel. Took the bottom plate for a four barrel and welded a piece in with the hole sized for the two barrel. Than used a two barrel air cleaner mount for the stud to fasten the Cadillac air cleaner to.

Guest jef1956

What's going in the car is the following: LS1 engine, L60 4 speed automatic, ford 9" rear end, 4 wheel disc brakes with dual master cylinder, adjustable coil over on all four corners, new dual exhaust and my caddy air cleaner. I know the purses are just shaking their heads, but I'm getting ready to retire and I like driving my cars and I don't want to be worrying about some component going out in the stock engine and having to wait two weeks to get the part. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BurntBridge54
Is the 322/Dynaflow available?

Doh! I did not see the second page to this thread last night :( . Was very interested in the engine/dynaflow combo.

David

Guest BigCritch

I may be interested in those dropped 2"coils , im new to the fourm and dont really know how it works can you msg me if you still have them? Thank you! Id like your contact also so i can keep up with your ls conversion, as i am thinking i want to do the same to my 56' :)))))))