Sign in to follow this  
Chefcg1

20" wheels for "65 flat black riviera

Hey everyone, I'm new to the Riviera scene as I just bought my 65 last week. she is painted flat black and I'm looking to put 20" wheels on her and wanted some feed back on my choices.

post-103228-143142734807_thumb.jpg

I'm looking at 20"x8.5" up front and 20"x10" rear. The wheels I'm considering are the BOSS 338, Coy C-5, Ridler 695 (chrome or grey with polished lip for all of them). I realize all these look almost exactly alike, but wanted to know if quality was different with any of these choices. Ridler's are the cheapest $1050, Boss 338 $1200, Coy c-5 $1500. I'm leaning towards the ridler's because of price, but Im still open to other suggestions. Also what do you guys think would look best, chrome or grey with polished lip? Thanks!!!!!!

I'm running the boss 304's 20x8.5 all the way around.. When I Change them I'm going to run a 20x10 in the rear, had to use a 1" spacer to get them to fit the way I like in the back.

B2AE31D7-0F12-43DB-9C5A-D8F4C974400E_zpsozcbsuyx.jpg

5F8A3BC2-884B-4328-BAAA-8CC7517E70EE_zpsluywdjfx.jpg

I have no complaints about the boss rim me and my brother are running them with no problem whit chrome chipping

I'm running the boss 304's 20x8.5 all the way around.. When I Change them I'm going to run a 20x10 in the rear, had to use a 1" spacer to get them to fit the way I like in the back.

Looks good, Offset is what will be the decision maker I think as I want the deepest dish possible

had to use a 1" spacer to get them to fit the way I like in the back.

Did this spacer have it's own studs? Can't imagine using the stock ones. Just curious.

Steve

Thanks,,, Yeah the spacers have there own studs.. Haven't had any problems with them I converted the front to disc so it pushed them out a 1/4 inch on each side

Looking awsome with those big rims. How low can you ride it and still turn the wheels without scraping the fenders or frame? Did you have to modify the rear inner fenders to get the wheel out that far? Backspacing? What set up on suspension do you have?

I am planning to do something like this to my own ride this winter and have some difficulties deciding what rimssizes to use and what airride system to fit.

I'm using the ride tech air ride set up.. It was a easy instal. I didn't have to modify the back wheel wells to get them to fit I could of pushed them out a little more. I have a good turn radeous with the car this high

912311CB-B191-49A9-987F-441138E12481_zpst77mitby.jpg

I ended up ordering the Boss 338 in 20x8.8 $ 20x10 I'll post pics after I get them, hopefully not to long. I'm curious how it will look as I'm lowered about 2" all around.

Casey, I'm looking into bagging my Rivi, what is the whole set up you did , how hard is it and what type of cost.

Casey, tell me cause I hear of others saying not to bag it, just use jamco 3" or coil overs with good shocks, what is the ride compared to, how low can you drive with it, handling , cost , what if a bag pops and is there pitfalls you have experienced!

Pm sent snake

Chefcg1 they are going to look good!!Maybe one day I switch mine up and go with some 338.

Pm sent snake

Chefcg1 they are going to look good!!Maybe one day I switch mine up and go with some 338.

Please share your experience , good or bad, as i am also looking to install bags.

I'm running the ride tech kit I'm happy with it. I have no leaks and it was fairly easy instal. The front was the most work but still wasn't bad. As for handling it rides really nice. Was alot better then my worn out springs so I don't really have much to compare to.

post-103228-14314278335_thumb.jpgNew wheels arrived today, two coats wax and two coats wheel butter and shiny!

post-103228-14314278337_thumb.jpg

post-103228-143142783319_thumb.jpg

they are going to look good on there. any pic of them on the car yet? i was thinking of switching mine up and gong with some 338's

Not yet, Car is at Upholsters getting a new headliner installed...3 day job has somehow turned into a 3 week adventure. Hopefully I should get the car back the first of next week, fingers crossed.

i just did my headliner last year it was a fun job haha. cant wait to see it with the rims going to look good

I got my wheels on this evening, sorry to dark to get good picture will do one tomorrow. But I had a question as my boss center caps wont fit over the front hubs and I see in your picture that yours fit? did you have to change the hub caps with a lower profile?

They look good did you have any problems clearing the rivets on the front drums..

I converted my brakes over to disc.