1966 wildcat custom convertible emblems?

I would like to know which wildcat emblems are correct for my 66 wildcat custom convertible? My emblems are in script. I have seen them in block lettering as well. Which is correct? I would also like to know where I can find wildcat lettering for my trunk. Thanks in advance.

Early production '66 Wildcats used Wildcat scripts on the rear quarter panels and trunk lid. This was a slightly larger version of the Wildcat script that had been used on the '65 models. I believe that much of the '66 sales literature illustrations will show the script-type lettering.<P>Quite early during the model year, Buick changed to block lettering for the Wildcat name on the rear quarters and trunk lid. You will find that this style is far more common on the '66 Wildcats than is the script lettering.<P>I have always thought that this was a very interesting mid-year change by Buick

What month was your car built? It may also have to do with where it was built (I don't know that as fact). My '66 Wildcat Custom convertible was built in Kansas City, Mo. in November of 1965, and it has script nameplates, if that helps you out any. I know that they are original, since the car was purchased new by my uncle.<P>------------------<BR>

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Centurion:<BR><B>Early production '66 Wildcats used Wildcat scripts on the rear quarter panels and trunk lid. This was a slightly larger version of the Wildcat script that had been used on the '65 models. I believe that much of the '66 sales literature illustrations will show the script-type lettering.<P>Quite early during the model year, Buick changed to block lettering for the Wildcat name on the rear quarters and trunk lid. You will find that this style is far more common on the '66 Wildcats than is the script lettering.<P>I have always thought that this was a very interesting mid-year change by Buick</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

I also have a 66 Wildcat Custom convt, rare G.S,, My car was built in Oct 1965 Atlanta Ga. It has the Scrip name plates, I believe that some time in Dec or Jan they changed to the block letters. I have read mostly every Buick factory bulletin and have not found any reference to the change date.<BR>My car is body # 31.<BR>If you need any more help or informatoin drop me a line, I have tons of literature for the 66, (not for sale)<P>Jim Schilf<BR>1940 Century 66C<BR>1966 Wildcat G.S. Convt<BR>1970 Wildcat Convt.<P>palbuick@aol.com

I have seen some '66 Cats with block letters on the panels and script on the trunk.<P>The script or block letters was the result of a mid model year change.

• 11 years later...
Guest kurts8780
I also have a 66 Wildcat Custom convt, rare G.S,, My car was built in Oct 1965 Atlanta Ga. It has the Scrip name plates, I believe that some time in Dec or Jan they changed to the block letters. I have read mostly every Buick factory bulletin and have not found any reference to the change date.<BR>My car is body # 31.<BR>If you need any more help or informatoin drop me a line, I have tons of literature for the 66, (not for sale)<P>Jim Schilf<BR>1940 Century 66C<BR>1966 Wildcat G.S. Convt<BR>1970 Wildcat Convt.<P>palbuick@aol.com

palbuick

i have found a '66 bucik wildcat convertible with scrip badging. it has a little over 10K miles on it, i have the window sticker, sales receipt, original plates, pro-tec-to plate and every registration slip from the time it was bought. i purchased it from the original owner. i have one question, with the scrip badging did they have a GS emblem? everything i have suggests it may not be with one exception. it has the blue tire inflation sticker in the glovebox stating the GS inflation for the tires. i looked behind the rear seat for the build sheet and it is hand written with only "933", "46467 429", "A34" , and then i assumed initialed with "-CD CY". i would like to make sure whether it is a GS or not before deciding precisely what to do with it. you say you have much info on this car and hopefully you can help, thanks

Guest kurts8780

i was afraid of that but hopefully someone out there can answer this for me. i have searched the web quite a bit on this and palbuick was the closest thing i found. thanks for the info and if you know someone to pass this on to i would appreciate it. thanks again

Guest wildcat465
Unfortunately this thread is over 10 yrs old, and palbuick is no longer with us.

And unfortunately, but not as unfortunate as Jim not being with us any more, the car has seemed to have disappeared.

According to the Standard Catalog of Buick, the Wildcat GS was available on coupe or convertible, standard or Custom trim and included chrome-plated air cleaner, cast aluminum rocker arm covers, dual exhaust, HD front & rear suspension, positive traction axle and GS identification plates front and rear. I would need to check additional information and photos as to where the badging went. It seems to me the front GS badge is in the grill since there is no fender ornamentation generally. It seems to me GS was placed under the Wildcat on the quarter panels and / or trunk lid, but that is strictly from a foggy memory.

palbuick

i have found a '66 bucik wildcat convertible with scrip badging. it has a little over 10K miles on it, i have the window sticker, sales receipt, original plates, pro-tec-to plate and every registration slip from the time it was bought. i purchased it from the original owner. i have one question, with the scrip badging did they have a GS emblem? everything i have suggests it may not be with one exception. it has the blue tire inflation sticker in the glovebox stating the GS inflation for the tires. i looked behind the rear seat for the build sheet and it is hand written with only "933", "46467 429", "A34" , and then i assumed initialed with "-CD CY". i would like to make sure whether it is a GS or not before deciding precisely what to do with it. you say you have much info on this car and hopefully you can help, thanks

Check with TopCat = Wild Bill Burton.

• 1 month later...
Guest kurts8780

i will order a back edition of the Bugle and see what they have to say on the subject. I'll also ping top cat for some info, thanks everyone.

• 2 weeks later...