1957 Merc Cruiser

This '57 Merc has been for sale forever (several years) for $30k. Interior looks above average, mechanical condition is unknown (allegedly ran several years ago). What would you think it's actually worth based on this little bit of info. It's sitting in a high mountain town I go thru regularly here in Colorado. I think it's way over-priced, what do you think?

post-31565-14314256047_thumb.jpg

No wow factor for me due to the styling. I like 57 Fords better, esp with the black & yellow paint scheme. Certainly $30K must be too high if it hasn't found a buyer. Maybe $20K if it runs and drives well.

Terry

It's clearly overpriced if it hasn't sold at that price for several years. But apparently the owner is in no rush to sell, and he wants to get his price for it. Never hurts to ask if he'll take a lower offer though.

Guest Skyking

If he wants that kind of money he should at least spruce it up with correct size whitewalls. I hate skinny whites on a car that didn't come with them. A big turn off.

An old trick to use if your annoyed about people inquiring if a vehicle is for sale when it isn't, is to place a "For Sale" in it with a rediculously high firm price. This usually ends any discussion before it starts. Or, I don't know if the vehicle has legal tags on it, but perhaps there's a local ordinance that prohibits an unmoved vehicle from sitting around, unless it's for sale. Lastly, and most likely, the guy is just an a---ole who gets his kicks out of b--chin' at people who ask about his car.