Classic Auto Exhaust.

Got an email yesterday from Classic auto exhaust, Geneva Oh. Guy says your exhaust is done, pay for it. I sent back, that I inquired, as I did Waldrons and Kepich, about hardware and shipping but did not order anything. He says how'd I get your address, I replied, to get a shipping charge.

He sends a bill(which anyone could have made up)dated 5/4. I said, what outfit would custom make an item without even a deposit?

His(Scott)response was a terse "go take some computer classes"!

Bear in mind the email yesterday was the first I heard from this place, never did answer my original questions.

Anyone else have any dealing with this character? This a new scam?

Just curious, be aware.

Guess my first question would be, how was your initial enquiry email worded? "I need xxxxx" is different than "I need you to quote xxxx", still seems unusual that he wouldn't verify an order though.

Not that long ago, I went on the Internet and searched for pricing on wiring harness for a certain car....found one place with really good prices, ordered on phone and gave them credit card.....charge when I received was hundreds of dollars over what was listed on website, when I questioned they said website out of date...we settled, but the point is be careful doing business via Internet and emails....

Guest Doug Burton

Did basically the same on my '61, but I got the quote back no problem. Ended up buying from him (Classic). Very happy with the fit, etc. Perhaps a misunderstanding?

Waldons will sell you the exhaust system they want to make for your car original of not at least Kepich attempts to replicate OEM look and fit. Have not used mjexhaust not heard of them so can't say. If you want an exhaust system, not period correct but never the less an exhaust system there are many providers that will take your money.

I was very lucky when I had the old exhaust system to look at when I had bought a system from KEPICH for my 1956 Roadmaster years ago.Must of the parts was made wrong,see picture,but at the first I get an exhaust system for a Century,and they deny until they get the "fax"with the ordered 1956 Roadmaster exhaust system.And you can think about how much trubble it is to live in Sweden and have the right parts sent.

Leif in Sweden.

post-31268-143142549504_thumb.jpg

Did basically the same on my '61, but I got the quote back no problem. Ended up buying from him (Classic). Very happy with the fit, etc. Perhaps a misunderstanding?

That was all I wanted,quote with shipping. Did not leave any credit card info and used the "contact us" form. Then a month later get an email,"pay me"! Ya think SMS would make a whole interior with no funds whatsoever? I don't think so. The guy was wrong and nasty about it.

I was very lucky when I had the old exhaust system to look at when I had bought a system from KEPICH for my 1956 Roadmaster years ago.Must of the parts was made wrong,see picture,but at the first I get an exhaust system for a Century,and they deny until they get the "fax"with the ordered 1956 Roadmaster exhaust system.And you can think about how much trubble it is to live in Sweden and have the right parts sent.

Leif in Sweden.

It is not any easier dealing with them in the USA...

Guest 4 bufords
It is not any easier dealing with them in the USA...

trying to get dual exhaust put on my 62 invicta but have not found anyone with the bend card for the left side.was going to order system from one of the 3 vendors mentioned above.bought a system from kepich for my 57,seems ok but with the negative comments,i'm concerned,4 bufords from ct

I have dealt with Kepich on many occasions and even sent an order back due to a duplication of a part and they sent the right one back no problem. Sounds like you guys have past karma problems to evolve and live through in order to get through to the other side. Keep trying ... :)