Two Buicks chase down a V16 Cadillac

bhambulldog

Bulldog..thanks for posting this. It's a great "B" gangster film. There are a number of nice cars in there. The chase is between a 34 Caddy v8 or v12, (hard to tell without a close up of the front grill or rear luggage rack) and two 1932 Buicks. During the chase the Caddy loses the trunk rack and then the cops in the Buick shoot their own gas tank up although it is supposed to be the Caddy's tank. The continuity in these moves is terrible but to be fair the people in the theater couldn't pause the film and find the faults. About 20 minutes in they are in a 1924 or 1925 model 45 touring car in the rain. It has vacuum wipers in some frames and no wipers in others. Great action shots but car suffers a bad fate. "Spoiler alert!"

Mom watched it on TCM. She recorded it on DVR. When I came into Mom's house last night, she said I want you to see these limousines in this movie ... We watched the movie on DVR . We enjoyed watching that.

I found it on youtube, So, I thought I would share it with y'all ..

Cool old Flick. 1930 Model A truck carrying the guns in the prison scene. Too bad the old Buick got drounded in the drink, And all for a blond mind you. What a bunch of crooks. LOL. Dandy Dave!

• 2 weeks later...

I showed the movie to my one Tech-Ed class on the last day of school. Watching it on the "Smart Board" I was able to catch some details. The car that is dropped into the river (I still cry) is a 1925 model 55 Sport touring. As it has a trunk and double spares and aluminum steering wheel spider. The 24-55 has the wooden/aluminum spoke steering wheel. Still did not look bad for an old car at the time "1934". Must be some product placement going on as the "BUICK " name is referenced at least 3 times. Unusual for MGM. Usually Warner Brothers pictures are crawling with Buicks during this time. MGM movies had lots of Fords Lincolns and Packards.

Larry

post-79073-143142565654_thumb.jpg

post-79073-143142565654_thumb.jpg