need a carburetor for a DA

Ltaylor

I am looking for a carburetor for my 1929 Dodge DA, 6 cal. i have a stromburg u2 that I bought 3 years ago on ebay, only to find it falling apart last summer. the guy I bought it from lined the bowl with something to keep it together, because it had been broken in 4 pieces, but the stuff he used to line it would not handle gas and started breaking down, until it fell apart. i know these are hard to find, but don't know what other carburetors will work on it. any help along these lines. Len

Len, my first reply went astray, so if I finish up posting twice, I'm sorry.

Glen Smith makes reproduction parts. I have one of his bases and float chamber tops on a carbi I rebuilt some time ago. Not cheap, but good product.

He is in Australia, but should not be a problem. His web site http://www.vintageandclassicreproductions.com/

Good luck.

John

LT, sorry to hear about your raw deal on ebay...

I'm no expert so please do your own research but try looking for a Tillotson JR 2 model if your on a budget. I have one on a DA6 setup I purchased when running.

Also, another one you may want to try is Jon at www.thecarburetorshop.com

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)

Is a U2 different than a UX-2 ? If a U X - 2 fits I have a new reproduction complete with air cleaner for sale. Phone Harry @ 905 889 0621 email hsahu@tcn.net I live in Toronto, Canada.:D

Don't know anything about the ux-2, would need a pic and distance between bolt holes, but would be interested. Len

Hi Ltaylor, I do not know how to upload pictures on this forum but the bolt pattern is 2 and 7/8 ins. I have 3 nice pictures in my file. If you send me an email I know how to send them to you. Cheers and have a nice day.

A UX 2 has the flange X ways to the manifold A U2 has the flange lengthways with the manifold

Thanks Ron, My project is moving slowly, awaiting battery cables and terminals. Thinking of installing 2 6v in parallel, cable size 4 zero.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...