Great Lakes Regional August 21-24 2014 Dover Ohio

Rich Morton

Greetings all.I am posting this here on the General Forum to announce the Great Lakes Regional to be held in Dover Ohio, August 21-24,2014.Host hotel is the Country Inn and Suites located right off Interstate 77 in Dover,Ohio.Mention the BCA for the rate of $99.00. Contact the local number for reservations and not the 800 or 888 # for Buick Club rate.Local # is:(330) 365-9388

There is also a listing on the Calendar of Events tab,but that lists it as starting on the 22nd instead of the 21st.In addition, we had wanted a link in the calendar that would take you to the web site for our Northeast Ohio Chapter of the BCA, but that hasn't occurred yet.

In light of that I am posting it here with the link.The link includes the ability to find the registration form.

With the National Meet being held in Portland, Oregon the feeling is that we may have a very good turnout at this venue.

The car show portion will be peer judged on the 24th,and there will be a banquet at one of the nearby Amish restaurants on Saturday evening.

There are many neat activities in the area and within a short drive to enjoy while in the area.If there are any questions,they can be posted here,IM me,or call Tom Ferencz at 440 845-3119.

Hope to see you in Dover in August.

Here is the link to our web site http://neobca.webs.com

Edited by Rich Morton
Adding local phone number for reservations (see edit history)

Glad to know that you saw it Tom.I was just going in here to send you a PM.

I did also send an email to Pete Phillips asking for his help in the Bugle as well as the Calendar Forum. If the two of us make sure this stays near the top here,that should also help the cause.Thanks for the kind words also.

Guest my3buicks

Wow, I love when they are close - I will be there with one, maybe even two cars, unless that is the weekend I move, then that is beyond control.

Dave,I wish I had that kind of "pull ".;) I'll be happy with abundant sunshine,a good turnout,and a seamless show with good fellowship in our shared passion.

Our Chapter will be doing our best I can assure you.

It will be good to see you there.Hopefully we will all share the following look that weekend;:cool::cool::cool:

• 1 month later...

Just an update for anyone interested in attending, or still considering.

Our Chapter in conjunction with primarily the Akron-Canton Chapter have been putting a good amount of time in,with meeting,planning,organizing ,assigning duties ,etc to make this,for all involved, a Very worthwhile event to attend.

Both our Chapters have a fine reputation from Regionals or other shows each have spearheaded in the past, to provide a Great Experience which revolves around,What else ?,but our beloved Buicks.

Stay tuned for more updates as the date nears, for what we intend to have available for attendees to enjoy; Ohio's Amish country .

Note;This event is not limited to those Buick club members in the Great Lakes region .

Here are some approximate Mileage/time estimates for some locations to Dover,Ohio;

Columbus,Ohio;121.6 mi, 1 hr 48 min driving

Toledo,Ohio;180.6 mi, 2 hr 45 min driving

Cincinnati,Ohio;223.9 mi, 3 hr 15 min driving

Detroit,Michigan;234.5 miles,3 hr 31 min driving

Pittsburgh,Pa;97.8 mi, 1 hr 41 min driving

Wheeling WV;62.6 miles,1 hr 23min driving

Charleston,WV;172.1 mi, 2 hr 30 min driving

Louisville, KY;324.4 mi, 4 hr 42 min driving

Wytheville,VA;299.5 mi, 4 hr 23 min driving

OK,You all get the idea.

Any questions,please let me know. Would love to meet some forum members I have not yet had the opportunity to become friends.

Hope to do so in August 2014

Hmmmm...

Athens, GA - 616 mi., 10 hrs ....Gas $210

Would love to join ya's but it just ain't gonna happen this year. I like the Regional meets though, seems you spend more time visiting friends and checking out the cars instead of shopping and museum tours etc. Someday maybe though....

Lamar,Thank You.

At least I got people to think about it !

It would definitely be a good haul for you,And I understand the other considerations.Sorry you won't be able to join us ,but I'm sure Ill be seeing you in the future.:cool:

I'll continue to bang the drum here when I get the chance. I'm hoping some who make the trip can spend a day or two, touring other nearby interesting places,such as ,the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton,or Cleveland's offerings,most notably perhaps the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame,or travel a little west and enjoy the worlds best coaster park and overall awesome place,right on the shores of Lake Erie; Cedar Point,or travel to the nearby Lake Erie islands.So much to do,again all within easy driving distance.

And

Mike,Ill be certain to hoist one,or more in your absence!

:D

Edited by Rich Morton (see edit history)

Cleveland has a great botanical garden. The children's area has a large tree house and great kid's activities. Plenty to see for adults too. It's right by the Crawford Auto and Aviation Museum too. The Botanical Gardens has underground parking (a bit tight for a big old boat) but the Crawford has their own lot behind the museum for $5.00 all day.

It's about 85 miles or so from Dover to Cleveland Botanical Gardens and Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

As Bill as mentioned,there are several very nice botanical gardens around,as well as other Very Worthwhile destinations.

And Keith,it will be good to see you if you're able to make it.You surely would have a lot of good places to visit between Toronto and Dover,if so desired.

Guest my3buicks

It's looking like it is going to hit just when I am moving - I will try to get up for at least show day.

Cleveland has a great botanical garden. The children's area has a large tree house and great kid's activities. Plenty to see for adults too. It's right by the Crawford Auto and Aviation Museum too. The Botanical Gardens has underground parking (a bit tight for a big old boat) but the Crawford has their own lot behind the museum for $5.00 all day.

It's about 85 miles or so from Dover to Cleveland Botanical Gardens and Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Hmmmmm, Buicks, botanical gardens, aviation and Rock and Roll.... will add this to the PGLMLLE (please God let me live long enough) list for sure then. Thanks for the info Bill. buba.gif

Lamar,any time you have the opportunity for a visit to the Cleveland area ,I'll be happy to give you ALL the travel,attraction,restaurant ,or any other information needed as well as a personal tour {s} if desired

There are tons of things to do around here,so pace yourself and make plans someday.Your friend Rich

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jason ,we had around 63 cars registered which was somewhat disappointing.We had a huge amount of Chinese raffle items which included a brand new set of Goodyear tires and a lawnmower.

Overal ,I feel that the meet was well received by the ones who attended.

Unfortunately I was running around between registration ,hospitality room,etc and didn't take many pictures.Here is a link from a Facebook post ,that hopefully will allow you to see some of the pictures.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10204253918086286&set=oa.681820341892498&type=1&theater