What the heck !

Does everyone that posts a parts wanted ad, get a bunch of private junk emails telling about how they have the parts you need in the United Kingdom? Or is it just me? I love this web site but how do we as a group get rid of the hackers. I hope no one has fallen for these scams and lost a lot of money. I'm fearful it has happened though as they keep trying to sell things they don't have.

I went so far as to have the guy send pictures of a parts car he claimed he owned. He sent a pic, but after a little looking on the internet I found the same picture of the same car on another web site and the car was in Georgia, not England.

Beware to all.

And thanks to the real guys on here helping us that are lost in our restorations !!!

Heath Henery

VERY common when you post an ad. I always ask them to provide a photo from either a certain angle of the part or some distinguishing feature. When they say they have no camera/photo capabilities, they are probably a liar about having the parts. Not to insult the folks in the U.K., but it seems like most of these types of scams originate there. I have probably gotten over 100 of those scam emails.

I have been buying and selling on this site for 13 years now, yes, occasionally I get garbage e-mails but I can usually spot them even before I open them. After all this time I can tell from reading the ones I do open that they are junk and I delete them. I never answer them. I always publish my e-mail address in my ads, I do encourage those interested in what I have to use the PM (private message) option for communication.

If you get a PM or email response from a scammer sent through the forum PM or email system, please report it to a moderator. We will deal with it. There are scammers from time to time who register and never post anything but just send scam Private Messages. If you get a mesage from a forum member who vaguely states that he has what you are looking for, and that forum member has no posts on the forum, I would estimate that there is about a 99.99% chance that he is a scammer. Please report the scammers.

PhatCat,

That is not a registered user name on the forum, but I have recently banned a spammer who I believe was using that email address. If you simply received an email from a scammer with that email address, and the email was not forwarded through the forum system, there is nothing that the Moderators can do to help with this issue.

Hey...just got one too, being a newbie even I could smell this one through a doughnut factory...no pictures and excellent condition...shipping alone would cost out the yin

yang !!! Let's not all fall for that one...what ever happen to honesty and kindness...

Todd

A lot of honesty and kindness gets thrown out the window when greed is involved. These sort of people that do this have no scruples and work very hard at ripping others off.