Too many magazines & newsletters? What to do with them

CarFreak

Reading posts by the high school students today reminded me to share a suggestion.

Many of us belong to several clubs, subscribe to many magazines, etc. Hemmings is almost an inch thick every month.

All that paper adds up quickly which brings up the question - what to do with them?

Some I save for future reference but others are great to share:

* Donate to your local high school auto shop class - encourage kids who could become prospective members sometime in the future

* Donate to a local VA Hospital - give something back to our vets and their families spending time in the hospital or even the waiting rooms

Thanks for listening!

Carfreak, we also give some of ours to a local "rest" home. The guys there and even some of the ladies seem to really enjoy them. A few Dr's offices will take them too, as most seem to have only children, home decor, or ladies type books. I have also taken piles of books to car shows and put a "Free books" sign by them and made some kids and adults grin...as they grab'd them !

I haven't taken in any lately but our local public library has a free cart for magazines and books. I share some of my magazines with other old car people that don't subscribe to the same magazines, some after you get them hooked pitch in part of the subscription to be sure you keep passing them on.

All good suggestions.

Our club has a magazine exchange table at meetings, Bring Some, Take Some, donate the rest. With old car articles, there is no such thing as current. All are informative about old cars so the dates of the issues don't matter unless you are buying a car and looking for current ads in the For Sale section.