1960 Buick Convertible

48Super

Guest my3buicks

Thanks for the leads guys. I agree that the Electra convertible in California looks to be a nice car, however I think the price is too high and it is too far away. I'm in PA so I'm looking for something closer that I could actually see in person prior to purchasing. The car on Ebay doesn't look bad either but I just can not bring myself to actually buy a car on line that way. In an ideal situation, I would like to purchase a car from a BCA or AACA member who could give me an accurate description and history of the car. Keep the leads coming, I'm willing to take my time to find the right car.

• 1 month later...

OK Mike: There is no easy short cut here, especially if you are looking for that #2 car. Plenty of overpriced heaps but to get the three ingredients lined up that you want....quality, price and the right car in terms of color and equipment...that now requires a lot of tenacity on your part. I'm thinking that there will be one that might pop up in this coming auction season in January, 2014. Mitch.

• 2 weeks later...

Over the years I have attended the Atlantic City auction in February and usually seen some very good deals on each visit. I went the first time in 1974 with my father when it was still held in the old Boardwalk Convention Center and have been back 5 or 6 times over the years.

It is kind of an off-season event in our area and seems to be a buyer's market.

I have noticed a number of cars offered that belonged to collections and museums. It may be that these are surplus cars sold to raise cash flow when business is slow. That was the feeling I got.

It's about a 6 hour drive for me and you can roll. The fun part for me is coming back on the Atlantic City Expressway at night. You go way up in the air on the Ben Franklin Bridge, then plunge below street level in Philly, through the city and up on the ridge heading north on the other side; all at around 70 MPH. It's like putting your car on a roller coaster. If I catch the light in front of the new Convention Center the next one is 6 miles from my house. I guess it ain't all about car stuff is it.

Bernie

Guest shorttimer

They are out there. I purchased both my '60 convertibles through ads on Craigslist. I had to be diligent about looking, and kept looking. Like many things, you find them when you least expect to.

If you find one that holds your interest, I am sure there are members of this forum (myself included) that would be willing to have a look for you. I've probably looked at 3-4 1960 convertibles here in Southern California over the past several years, and could easily be talked into looking at another.

• 1 month later...

Still searching for a good car. I've looked at several possibilities but have not yet found the right combination of condition, price and location. Any leads on cars in the PA vicinity would be most appreciated. Thanks.

OK Mike: Here's an idea. Perhaps you could place a few "wanted" adds in some of the North Eastern local Buick Club chapter newsletters. This could get you to your audience and could even hook you up directly with a principal. Just an idea.

I believe the majority of BCA people do not follow this forum and many who own 4867's...the type you want....might not even be on line. Mitch

• 2 weeks later...