Hhmmmmm.......

D-a-n-i-e-l

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Mc_Reatta

Well, I figured this car would fly once you got er done, but now we have visual proof that it does already! :rolleyes:

When charting unknown waters, rough patches are to be expected. I think you and F-14 Crazy are the only documented ones to attempt putting clutch pedal in a Reatta.

But if your stooping to putting bloody English parts in there, couldn't you at least use Lotus parts?

Wouldn't that be easy?

There is a business here in the greater Chicagoland area that builds hardened parts for GM And the guy who owns it just happens to like Buicks.

He has a GSX that is completely rebuilt with a hardened trans. I ran into him at a cruise and got to talking about the transmission in the Reatta.

He mentioned that he had never done one and would be willing to do mine for a reasonable price,seening as though he would be experimenting with mine.

What did I have to lose? The out come was a hardened transmission that he says I can do donuts in the parking lot for ever. The only down side is the dowb shift to first is sometimes hard.

• 3 weeks later...

Thing Greg used the m/c and slave from a 90 Pontiac Grand Prix with 5-speed Getrag. Sizing is a matter of throw vs pedal pressure. Also the clutch selection makes a difference. With a stock clutch my Judge was torture on my left leg is slow speed cruises and parades. Now that I have a CenterForce it is much easier.

A little closer. This is taking longer than it normally would as I am doing a few other things in conjunction with the swap. If you look close you can see the clutch master cylinder. Also thinking of doing a true cold air intake unless some one can make a good argument for keeping the charcoal canister.

post-49927-143142276582_thumb.jpg

post-49927-143142276525_thumb.jpg

post-49927-143142276552_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

It has been slow going with life getting in the way, but I have got the engine in now to customization of all the connections to each system.

Also I know I had said that I would not revisit the subject but I am including a picture of the Fiero engine bushings installed. The center washerer were paint scrapers but do fit well once past the openings. Also I will have all my old ones up for grabs after I finish this swap.

post-49927-143142324472_thumb.jpg

post-49927-143142324449_thumb.jpg