Bryan--I have a hornbar available

buickbonehead

Bryan, you sent me a priviate message on 9/9 asking about the availability of a hornbar. I gave the other guy more than enough time to get the check here and it hasn't arrived.

You must have joined the forum that day because your login and our private messages were wiped out when the site went down. I have no other way to contact you. If you read this send me a PM.

Rick

• 3 months later...

Rick, I am ready for one. Please put me on the list. Thanks.

I can assure you Rick's products are top notch. I have one of his reproduction horn caps, and it is freaking beautiful!!!

I am now the proud owner of a wooden steering wheel. It is an offset cross arm wheel. Unfortunately, the holidays (& a recent injury) have depleted my funds so I will have to keep my name on an "alternate wants list" until your next run. Do u have an idea when that might be?

Are u reproducing both 180* & offset horn bars?

http://forums.aaca.org/showthread.php?t=364563

David

Robj & John: I sent a PM, you guys are #9 & #10 from this run.

Gseago: You are #1 on the next list. I don't know when my metal guy will complete the next order. I sent you a PM for your cantact info to put on the list. If someone drops off or doesn't pay your on next.

RockinRivDad: Let me know when you want to be put on the list.

Regards,

Rick

Robj & John: I sent a PM, you guys are #9 & #10 from this run.

Gseago: You are #1 on the next list. I don't know when my metal guy will complete the next order. I sent you a PM for your cantact info to put on the list. If someone drops off or doesn't pay your on next.

RockinRivDad: Let me know when you want to be put on the list.

Regards,

Rick

PM replied to.

Ok Rick. Forgive me, but I am still a bit confused. It seems there might only be one option for horn bars that you reproduce. What is unclear to me is if there are 2 different "optional wood wheels" that are available for our cars? What I mean by different is in the cross arms (that attach the wood portion to the hub) in which the horn bars are surrounded by. I thought I saw a description by Ed Raner (RivNut) in a past thread explaining that there are 2 different cross arm angles we will find. With that said, the more I think about it & the more I study the diff pix compared to mine…I question if it all just an optical illusion. Is my mind playing tricks on me??

Here is a pic of mine with a straight piece of wood across the middle of it. U can see the cross arms are closer to each other than in your pix. The last 2 pix are from your V8buick post & the arms look straighter than mine. That's why I asked…

Hope I made sense.

image_zps41160e12.jpg

image_zps14320f7f.jpg

image_zps6064c49f.jpg

David

David: As far as I know they are all the same. I have sold close to 60 maybe 70 of these horn bars and no one has ever brought up the topic of a different hornbar for the wood wheel. I currently have 9 of these wheels and all are the same. the only other wood wood wheel I've seen that might have been factory is in the Silver Arrow http://forums.aaca.org/f177/silver-arrow-1-eyes-design-show-353585.html

It is a three spoke and I suspect it is a custom job.

DAMN IT!!! It's official…my eyesight is going. Ok ok…I admit it's gone…it's the first thing that goes right? lol

How do you guys repair the cracks in the wood of these wheels? I found some plastic wheel repair when I search but nothing on the wood wheel.

I've scored some browny points here with the wife so put me down as #2 on the next run lol. Do you have any new details on when your metal guy will complete the next order?

David

• 1 month later...

James:

Glad the hornbar worked out. The delivery certainly was worth the "gratuity". The ride in the Duese certainly did ease the pain....here I am in the back seat behind the dual cowl. Way Cool!

post-68824-143142387617_thumb.jpg

Here's a broadside of the beauty.

post-68824-143142387621_thumb.jpg

While the car was beautiful... I think the most impressive thing was the acceleration and the comfortable cruising speed this vintage car could obtain. I think we got up to 65 (or faster) in nothing flat. It was a smooth ride the whole way.

Edited by buickbonehead (see edit history)

He JUST sent me an email less than 10 mins ago with a picture of this 20 unit run. He will test fit tomorrow, then ship. Then I'll take them to the chromer.

Thanks.

Wow, talk about perfect timing(lol).Ok thanks for the update.

Rick,

Yeah, it has been awhile, still loving the Wildcat Jacket!!

Yes I will take one of the upcoming horn bars, but I do need a cap to go with it. Keep me on the list for a horn cap, and possibly a spare one if you only make a run of them every so often.

Kooch

• 2 weeks later...

dhaven64:

Unfortunately it does not include the cap. We've successfully made them in the past but that source is no longer available. I plan to pursue making them again once I get past this tax season. Below is a one of the repops we made.

post-68824-143142412012_thumb.jpg

Your wheel looks like it is pretty good shape....no cracks. You'll need just about everything for it though. Most of the guts are available on ebay. The only part not being made (as far as I know) is the largest plastic ring (the one closest to the hub) in the exploded view below. The hornbar in that pic is an OEM version.

post-68824-143142412007_thumb.jpg