My daughters art project

Budd

My daughter came home the other day to show me one of her high school art projects. It is a "skateboard" that was to be painted in acrylics and had to be a vintage advertising subject prior to the 60's. I love the choice she made. :)

This is the same little 6 yr old pictured in my restoration blog when I first hauled my old buick home. I think I better step up the pace on getting it done before I'm a grandpa.

Cheers,

Budd

post-31677-143141968798_thumb.jpg

Edited by Budd (see edit history)

I'll pass on the compliments to her. The picture doesn't do the detail justice, and the flash glancing off the clear coat (to protect the acrylic paint) hiding the chrome detail. She's quite the artist for being 15. I think that was/is my fathers day present, but she was too excited to show me the final product after her art teacher asked to keep it. I'm glad she told her NO, I'm giving it to my Dad ! :)

I need to find her a blank 8' x 20' wall in the garage next ....

Cheers,

Budd

Guest shadetree77

That's weird. It was there for several days then disappeared. That happens a lot when you upload the picture from another website (flickr, imageshack, etc.).

Edited by shadetree77 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
Y'all need to leave the PC dark side! ;)

I still see it.

Budd, are you posting from a Mac?

Nope -- regular Win7 box. Odd thing is I originally posted that picture as an "upload" to the forum. I noticed it went missing too. I tried changing it to an embedded Google PicasaWeb image (which I use all the time for embedding images/video) and for some reason the forum here is not allowing it. So I tried again with "uploading" a local file to the forum and that seems to have worked to restore the image.

Go figure.

Budd