Need help identifying several partial, old car bodies and parts

Guest Raymond Skiles

Guest Raymond Skiles
The two pics on the right are 1928 (ish) Dodge Victory Six.

nz: thanks for the lead. looks like the raised rectangular ridges below windows are pretty distinct for 28 Dodge Vic Six, right?

Guest Raymond Skiles
The white car appears to be a Ford, possibly 46-48.

Terry

27: Thanks! following your post I compared other web photos of those years, and it seems right to narrow it down to either 47 or 48, but hard to tell between. If the hood (in other photo) goes with the white car, it seems to have very art-deco chrome hood trim, with three ridges. Would that be distinct to a year?

Guest Raymond Skiles
In #3 you can see the beginning of the fender top parking light which confirm's Doc Watson's assessment of a 41 Ford.

merc278.jpg

Excellent information - parking light position. And, it turns out the hood side trim design isn't on the later models! Thanks!

Guest Raymond Skiles

Model "T's" also? I know it's a "jumble" in the photos. But, any chance you could indicate which are the "T" parts?

Guest Raymond Skiles
I see the early DB front fender and part of the front of the body/cowl......

31: Good spotting! Is that fender pattern in your photo exerpt an indicator of a particular dodge year? Or range of years?

Model "T's" also? I know it's a "jumble" in the photos. But, any chance you could indicate which are the "T" parts?

The last photo of the Victory Six Dodge has a "T" fender in the left foreground and to the right in the background.

Funny...

Those cars have been beaten, rolled, shot, and abused in every way possible. But to a guy like me, (living here in the rust belt as I do), there still seem to be items there which might have some value to someone. For example, if someone had a '41 Ford in decent "complete" condition but badly rusted underneath, that old white carcass might be a great parts car! And the Dodge has some sections which still look solid enough to cut patch panels or sections out of. I note that the Ford still has at least one lever-action shock absorber on it. Years ago I used to take them off of junkyard cars (if they still worked with good hydraulic-resistance action), and they sold pretty well at swap meets. And with today's enthusiasm for "rat rods," I wonder if that old Dodge could somehow hit the roads again?

:cool: I still love to look at old abandoned cars like this. Thanks for the pix.

Guest Raymond Skiles

Thanks to everyone for the help.

These vehicles and parts were part of the historic scene on public property in Big Bend National Park, Texas. They sat near one of the unpaved backroads in a relatively remote location within the 800,000 acre park. Although not part of any formal interpretive exhibit, Park visitors and staff (like me) alike enjoyed seeing, walking among, and contemplating them over the 60+ years of the park's existence.

They also represented the experiences of early 20th century, pre-park human endeavors in this harsh rugged and arid part of the Chihuahuan desert and US/Mexico border cultures living here before the park was established.

Unfortunately, almost everything was stolen within the past month or so. The photos above were taken in late 2011. Your expertise has helped us at least document what was taken from the public trust. Here's a shot of the scene from a couple of days ago, taken by one of our investigators. Only the 41 Ford, and not much of it, is left at the scene.

post-90869-143141727951_thumb.jpg

<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Hmmm. That's too bad. I hate thieves and theft in general!

Scrap metal prices are quite high right now here in Ohio, and thieves are stealing every metal item they can find. Then if they get caught, they merely say that they are honest scrap dealers trying to make a living, and they thought the stolen item was abandoned for anyone to take. Prosecution in such cases is rare, and not very severe.

If these vehicles were stolen very recently, they might have shown up at a local scrap metal yard, where they could possibly be reclaimed by govt officials.