1964 Buick Riviera resonator

dr914

I cannot believe no one locally has a factory fit resonator, but where is the best place to get one? (funny, my dad bought a Midas muffler back in 1965 after the troublesome factory one rusted and to this day he and or I have never had to purchase another! Poor Midas has probably installed at least 10 of them on the car over the years!)

I thought that everyone had a 63-65 Buick Riviera? (LOL)!

Everyone who is anyone with taste for something other than billet and belly buttons.

Fact: When the ROA was first organized back in '84, it was founded exclusively for the 63 - 65 years. (I still have one of the original window decals which states this.) Opinion: I'm really glad it has to grown into what it is now.

I have an NOS (was NIB) resonator from the trunk of one of my parts cars. Apparently the PO never got around to installing it. The box was nothing more than fodder for a mouse's next and the resonator has some surface rust on it, but I believe that it is a factory part numbered resonator. For sale cheap +S&H if anyone wants to take a chance on it. Make me an offer.

Ed

I just pulled the resonator out of my storage shed and found these numbers on them. No GM just T1338, then underneath that number W1318 followed by 1328. Anyone have any clues as to what kind of numbering system was used by the different manufacturers of muffler systems?

Ed