1958 Limited 57K miles all original $12,500 time capsule?

Guest BJM

1958 Buick Riviera Limited

Wow. Do you 58 guys know about this one?

For sale is a 1958 Buick Riviera Limited. This Buick is all original with only 57712 miles. The car has been stored in doors its whole life and it really shows. New parts include Brakes, Fuel pump, Water pump, and Carb Kit. This old cruiser is a one of a kind all original and you wont find one in better shape. The only thing this Buick needs is a new radio tube. Come and check it out. $12500 OBO

Call 1309-945-5932

5F85Md5J73L83Ne3Hac9390fdf4d9655914c9.jpg

5L85N65K83n93J33H9c93be7024278eea118a.jpg

5If5Fd5Ha3Ka3J83H7c935a34907dfe851ed6.jpg

5If5Fd5Ha3Ka3J83H7c935a34907dfe851ed6.jpg

5Ka5Ha5Jd3K53M13N3c935488ddb5d12d161d.jpg

Jake:

Thanks for posting all of these adds! I too wish I had a spot for some of these cars. The '58 Limited is killer!!! The '62 Wildcat is probably worth the asking price in parts but throw in the road trip to go get it and it is not worth it. Where's Mr. Earl?? He is looking for a set of bucket seats!!

i heard today, that the car sold this morning, i believe the buyer was the current head of the buick motor division, charles coker, 1953 pontiac tech advisor.

Really? Wonder how he found out about it and where's my finder fee!?

Guest Rob McDonald

That's nice and all but I'm amazed that there are any "car guys" working at General Motors these days. Thought it was all accountants and lawyers.

That's nice and all but I'm amazed that there are any "car guys" working at General Motors these days. Thought it was all accountants and lawyers.

I am an accountant and a car guy!:P:)

And even tried to do a deal on this car, but couldn't get someone there fast enough....

Since JAXED lost it's battle with Craigs List, my searches for these cars has slowed down considerably. I am located in central Iowa, and in the past year, thanks mostly to Jaxed, I have spent $4000 on transport costs alone to bring 5 cars in. That's an average of $800 per car, up in smoke so to speak. I think it is better for most of us to buy cars locally and get more for the money.

I always thought Iowa had no "cool" cars. I am wrong. My Craigs List searches now are limited to about a 500 miles radius around my house. This brings in Iowa, some of Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, North and South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas and Missouri.

From now, on, that's about all I would post, are cars from this area.

In the last month I purchased a 1990 Buick Reatta convertible 30 miles from my home, running, driving for $2500 and a 67,000 mile one owner 73 Electra Limited, also for $2500.

If I had an unlimted budget for these sorts of cars, I could have added 30-50 this weekend alone. I am content for awhile and will pad my buying budget probably over the winter and go for something in this 58 Limited price range. BUt the bottom line is there are tons of cool fun cars in your backyard and there really isn't a need to go across the country for cars.

The new Craigs List search methods require a large cup of coffee or a beverage of your choice because it takes a while to comb through the various Craigs List. The more you look and dissect, the more interesting stuff you find. I had been looking for a set of Buick road wheels for my 1970 Wildcat which came with factory steel wheels. I had placed an ad out there on a couple of places for them and responses were quite high in the $400 a set range plus shipping. I found a set in Minnesota for $75 and I need to go up there to visit a relative and my transport cost will be $0.

So it's fun to see what is out there and I am glad someone bought the car that may be a little more interested in the Buick club/hobby because of it.

Edited by BJM (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

The rumors are not true! It was I, a lowly Analyst (and still a car guy), who purchased this car. After committing to it I realized it won't fit into my garage. I need to see if I can modify wall internally without an addition, which is not feasible. I have storage for now, but this may be an issue in the future. This is crazy, because my house was built just 2 years before this car was made. So if I had my house back then and was car shopping, I probably would not even look at this car! But my house back then would normally be more lowly than what the purchaser of this car new would be living in.

How much longer can it be over your 57 Roadmaster?

I am very glad this went to a forum member and a BCA member. Can you bring it to the Southbend National?

The rumors are not true! It was I, a lowly Analyst (and still a car guy), who purchased this car. After committing to it I realized it won't fit into my garage. I need to see if I can modify wall internally without an addition, which is not feasible. I have storage for now, but this may be an issue in the future. This is crazy, because my house was built just 2 years before this car was made. So if I had my house back then and was car shopping, I probably would not even look at this car! But my house back then would normally be more lowly than what the purchaser of this car new would be living in.

Yeah Lance! I can't wait to see it. You are officially my hero. Not that you weren't already for all you do on the BCA Facebook page.

Garage too small...details details.

Guest Rob McDonald

Congratulations, you lucky analyst you! Spectacular car, well worth stretching a garage for.

I live in a very old neighourhood. It's common to see pre-WWII garages in the alleys nearby, to which 2 ft of extra length has been added. I'll betcha it happened around 1959, when the lowliest of Chevys reached lengths never before seen, even in the days of the Classics, 30 years earlier.

How much longer can it be over your 57 Roadmaster?

I am very glad this went to a forum member and a BCA member. Can you bring it to the Southbend National?

Thanks all!

I will definitely being going to South Bend, but not sure which car I will bring. My original plan was to get the Roadmaster painted and show it, but I will have to hold out on that now.

However,when I bought the Limited, I told myself I may have to sell the Super, so that may happen. If it does then I will use part of the proceeds to paint the Roadmaster.

The timing and the alignment of life's solar system will determine which car goes!