Watch Out People! It's The Rat Patrol!!

Guest shadetree77

Guest shadetree77

Another crazy find straight from EBAYland. I present to you.....the RAT PATROL!! :D Don't know why it's main title says 1952 Roadmaster. It's clearly a '53 Special. Looks like it's in pretty good shape. Take that red siren off the top and take some paint thinner to that "Rat Patrol" logo on the doors and I wouldn't be ashamed to be seen in it. It would definitely be a good candidate for restoration or just tooling around town. Click the link to see more pictures on EBAY. Rat Patrol huh?.....man oh man, poor old Buick. :rolleyes:

Buick : Roadmaster super in Buick | eBay Motors

post-75106-143139136746_thumb.jpg

One thing that I particularly dislike is all the windows including the windshield have been tinted a dark shade. The back window treatment is ugly. It would be a lot of work to remove the tinting of the windows. It's a shame what has been done to a nice old Buick

Guest Kingoftheroad

I have to agree with Ben, its not a bad car and the owner has kept it in running order, and its affordable price tag.

Some TLC would really make a difference....

Edited by Kingoftheroad (see edit history)

Guest shadetree77
(except for the ash trays which should be chrome I believe- they are on my '52)-Dave BCA#46470 1952 56C

My '52 has chrome trays too Dave. But I think they painted them to match the dash color in '53. I didn't know that either. If you google "1953 Buick Dash" all of the pictures have painted ash trays. You learn something every day huh?

Guest shadetree77

Auction is still going strong at $2,550. Seller has added some Youtube video clips onto the bottom of the auction screen too. I'm going to watch them right now.

EDIT: Just watched the youtube vids. She sounds good. I had to turn up my volume to hear the one where it's idling. She's kinda loud going down the road but that's what mine sounded like before I got new exhaust put on. I've got to confess though, I love the low growl those straight eights make with no muffler.:cool: Doesn't sound like any other engine.

Edited by shadetree77 (see edit history)