A Fine "How Do You Do!"

JohnD1956

I presume it's not "on"? Looks like the "BRAKE" icon is lit too, as is the "Check Engine" icon?

As I recall, the "switch" is on the parking brake pedal assy. A simple contact switch to either open or close a circuit.

Enjoy!

NTX5467

-----------

"Enjoy" the car and it's "lack of monthly payments"!

Thanks NTX. It's the "check engine" light I was commenting about. I already know what system is involved and what part is suspected. Looks like the repair will cost about the same as my monthly car payment has been the last 72 months. And I have to get it fixed to pass NYS Inspection although I was informed that the problem in no way impacts the drivability of the vehicle. Oh well, it is what it is...Just thought the irony was too great to pass up posting here.

I'm just taking a guess that it is the fuel vapor vent. It happen to my truck. The original part cost $35 but it was superseded by kit to correct the problem for $130. I am still not comfortable with that line of logic.

At least I didn't write my first cynical thought- "They have been building Buicks for over a hundred years and you picked a 2006 LaCrosse?"

Happy Fourth. Back to sitting in the shade at my personal car show.

Bernie

post-46237-143139084952_thumb.jpg

Guest Kingoftheroad

Happy Fourth. Back to sitting in the shade at my personal car show.

Bernie

[ATTACH=CONFIG]144408[/ATTACH]

That sounds like a great way to pass time...lol

Edited by Kingoftheroad (see edit history)

Put a mailing label over the light with bold letters: "DO NOT EXCEED 6000 RPM" :D

LOL. I like that idea Willie.

Bernie, It's not that, yet. It's the secondary air injection system. Initial diagnostics indicate the solenoid valve is stuck. $240 for this part at the dealership. But further diagnostics need to be completed to make sure thats the problem. Will be checking it further Friday.

Edited by JohnD1956 (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

Wow... another ironic circumstance after paying off the LaCrosse. I had just returned from a joy ride in the 56, turned it off and stepped out of the dor when I hear a double clunk and the sound of something falling on the ground behind the car. Earlier today I had moved the laCrosse towards the road so I had room to fix the window that broke on the Wagon. I had not yet backed the car into the area closer to the house.

So I go to the back of the 56 and there, laying on the ground is an arrow. Seems the neighbors kid shot one off and "it got away from him". It hit the hood on the La Crosse and dented and put a deep scratch in it. I think it also hit the 56 but theres so many chips in the paint I could not tell which may have been a new one. It sure was close to hitting me too. But now I'll have to have the check engine light fixed and have the hood painted.

The fun never seems to stop!

Guest Rob McDonald

I dunno, John, I'd leave that telltale if it was my just-paid-for LaCrosse. Not many of us have cars that've been struck by arrows. It's part of this Buick's unique history now.

Oh, go ahead and get it fixed. I do hope it's coming out of the neighbour boy's grass-mowing money.

Don't worry about me ever paying this place off Mr E. I suspect I'll be ice cold long before we see the light of day on this place.

I felt bad on so many levels with this incident. First off I really like this car and plan to keep it a long time. It just iritates me to no end to know the amount of work it's already had to have in the 6 years I've owned it. I guess there's no point in keeping this girl for archival status now. Maybe I'll cut it up and drop a Chevy 350 in there!!!

More so though, since I was there when it happened I immediately went across the street and yelled " Who's shooting arrows over here". There are two possible properties and I know the one family well. The other I don't know so good, and I figured it had come from the 2nd house. So, since no one answered, I called the police for a report.

While waiting for the police I went over again and yelled out, but no one came forward.

When the cops came they went over and came back with the neighbor I knew and his son. If I had known it was them I would have never called the police. But they were very apologetic and agreed to pay whatever it costs to have it fixed.

Edited by JohnD1956 (see edit history)