Heater core supplier

Guest REX STALLION

Guest REX STALLION

I have decided to change my heater core cuz I have my interior out and figured this would be alot easier now than later. Who would you recommend? I would prefer a North American built unit (buy cheap, buy again) thanks, Scott

Scott, if your car has AC, there are no replacements. Replacements on the market at this time fit non AC cars only. They don't tell you that, but the nipples are longer on the AC heater core. Best advice either way is to get your old one recored. Take it to a competant radiator shop and have a new core added to your existing ends. That way you know it fits.

if you dont have help-as i didnt-i would do it from the firewall side.i had a real hard time linning up all the bolts by myself.would defently try firewall side nextime.look at roa forum for instructions.this way you dont have to unhook all the cables-drop heater box-defrost-etc.i was told that chevy put notch marks on firewall just for this purpose.if i remember youll have to cut about 1/8th inch off firewall.i fought that thing for hours.goodluck.t.nugentroa12969.

Guest REX STALLION
Scott, if your car has AC, there are no replacements. Replacements on the market at this time fit non AC cars only. They don't tell you that, but the nipples are longer on the AC heater core. Best advice either way is to get your old one recored. Take it to a competant radiator shop and have a new core added to your existing ends. That way you know it fits.

I don`t have A/C (Great White North ...we barely have summer) but a re-core is a great idea. I had my Rad re-cored and the fellow did a great job:D

The heater cores are available from several places. I got mine from CARS, though their price was a bit higher than other places. The problem with any of the replacements is that the core is about 1/2" smaller in each dimension (H/W/D) so you need to block it up to make it fit in the heater pan.

post-65039-143139000892_thumb.jpg

post-65039-143139000898_thumb.jpg

post-65039-143139000903_thumb.jpg