Talk about your HPOF class car...

keiser31

Saw this gorgeous, all original (right down to the paint) 1970 Dodge Dart 340 with automatic transmission today. Man, was it ever clean. The owner was the original owner and of course, was not for sale. This car had one small scratch on the orange paint, had long spring shackles on it and needed a very small patch for the front seat. Otherwise, it was about perfect. I think it has about 23,000 miles on it. Enjoy...

post-37352-143138977783_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138977791_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138977799_thumb.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

I have an HPOF Amphicar. Been on display in The Forney Transportation museum in Denver. They wanted it for 90 days.... 6 years ago! Thay treat her nice and are very appreciative and so am I that it gets to be seen by so many now.

She was a calendar girl for AACA too. Who's that guy in the way with a camera anyway? ;) :eek: :D

post-31565-14313897813_thumb.jpg

post-31565-143138978163_thumb.jpg

post-31565-143138978166_thumb.jpg

post-31565-143138978191_thumb.jpg

I had my LTD registered in HPOF last year at Hershey but I didn't enter the show because I wanted to leave for home earlier than they'd allow me out of the field. I think I would have done pretty well and will try again another year when I can stay over Saturday night. As far as I know, my car is 100% original except for the usual tires, battery and exhaust. The interior is perfect except for one dime size tear in the vinyl on the driver's side door panel. I've driven it to Hershey 3x; it had 34K on it when I bought it January 1, 2006. It now has 43K.

Guest daytona

This is my first attempt at posting a video. This is my 1930 Cadillac, very original car including original paint (buffed thru in spots) and upholstery. I just got the car sorted out after lots of engine and carb/timing work (thanks Ed Minnie). I have driven over 100miles so far in the last two days seems very good so far…

I'm the original owner of this 1976 Olds, Omega, Brougham. If, and that's a BIG if There was ever a AACA event reasonably close to me I would enter my car. It just took it's fifth OCA's Pacific zone points judged first place last week.

Original chrome, original exterior/interior paint, original interior, original paint on the engine, original carb. (never been rebuilt), fuel pump, alternator, P/S pump, original rear brake shoes, master cylinder -wheel cylinders- ft calipers ect. 110,000 miles.

A few pictures;

http://www.pismoderelicts.com/photogallery/new%20format%20832/images/img_0124.jpg

http://www.pismoderelicts.com/photogallery/new%20format%20832/images/img_0125.jpg

http://www.pismoderelicts.com/photogallery/new%20format%20830/images/p1080789.jpg

To all the Olds fans, yes those factory Olds mag style steel wheels are supposed to be body color, but I had the dealer spray them gold before I took delivery.

D.

Edited by helfen (see edit history)

The Olds Omegas and similar Buick Apollos are some of the most "I didn't know they built those!" cars of later GM history! Incredibly nice and luxurious cars, by observation, each with their own division's "taste" to the GM rwd X-car design. Neat cars!

Enjoy!

NTX5467

My '60 Buick Invicta received it's HPOF in 2005 and was in the first group to receive the HPOF Original award at the Melborne, Fl show this year. I purchased the car from a small town used car dealer who first bought the car in 1964. A lady in her 60's who lived across the street from the lot came over and said "That's the prettiest car I've ever seen. I'll buy it if you will teach me to drive". After a few years, she decided to give up driving. The dealer bought the car back and stored it in the back building. I found the dealership in 1989 and bought it and four other Buicks in the back building from the dealer's son who was 80 years old and the shop mechanic since the mid 1930's and a lover of old cars.

The Invicta (Miss Louise, the name of the little old lady) was Buick's replacement for the Century. The small LeSabre body with the Electra 401 4 barrel carb, single exhaust. You don't even know you have Dynaflow behind it. The car has 64,000 miles on it.

post-50475-143138984272_thumb.jpg

post-50475-143138984277_thumb.jpg

post-50475-143138984282_thumb.jpg

post-50475-143138984534_thumb.jpg

My 1947 Buick Roadmaster received it's HPOF certification in 2004 and will be seeking the Original award in the future. It received a Third Junior prior to the HPOF classification being created. It was purchased from the same dealer as my '60 Invicta in 1990 with 62,000 miles. The car was traded in to the dealer from the original owner in 1956 and stored in the back building. It still had the 1956 license plate on it, with a 1961 dealer tag over it. Seat cover were installed when new and are still on it. The car has the Roadmaster 320 cid engine with three speed manual transmission and is a delight drive on the highway or interstate.

post-50475-14313898455_thumb.jpg

Non AACA members confused about what HPOF is? Historical Preservation of Original Features. Tranlation, an unrestored car to be preserved as what the factory actually built for restorers to use to document their restorations. It is a great class that I enjoy showing in as there is no point judging, only the owner disclosing what has been restored evaluation by the judges that it is factory original, unrestored.