Finally able to play my iPod on stock 1965 am radio

Guest Kahuna28

Guest Kahuna28

Not sure if this has been mentioned before here (I couldn't find it by searching), but I bought this adapter for my stock radio and I can finally listen to my iPod in my Riv!! It's called RediRad and it's a real simple hook up, and it sounds as great. I do not know or in any way get anything from this company, I'm just passing on my experience as FYI. I can finally listen to all my radio programs from the 60's, etc. instead of news or talk radio!!

Anyway, it works by bypassing your antenna signal and my radio sounds as good as it ever has. It's not perfect, it is an am radio after all but it fits well with the car and NO PERMANENT modifications to the car, which is what I really wanted. I won't post the link unless it's OK, I kinda feel like this may be taken as spam, but honestly I'm just tickled by it and wanted to share to like minded individuals..

(I just reread my post and it does sound like spam, so I will delete if it offends!:D)

Guest Kahuna28

Cool, thanx Jim.. RediRad Classic Car AM and FM radio adapter- MP3/Satellite Radio to AM or FM band

Check out the videos this guy has on the site if you want to see this in action. Like I said I really have never even met this guy, but he's very helpful on the phone, the product is made in the US, and he even gives you a money back guarantee. I have no problem giving him a recommendation from my experience... And I look forward to cruising the Riv with some good tunes!!

That is a very cool product. If I still had the stock radio I'd get one. My car already had a cd player installed. I upgraded it to a stereo with a usb port. I really like using an Ipod or flash drive to access music. I keep a flash drive with about 80 cds on it in my ash tray when not in use. hard to imagine something half the size of a match book could store 1000 songs.

Guest REX STALLION

Thanks for enlightening me to this product! I have the original Wonderbar radio complete with the foot switch that works really well...but it is AM. This will make a huge difference!

I talked with Matt, president of Brew City Engineering, this morning and found out some other things about the unit. It will also play from satellite radio as long as there's a "line in" port on your receiver, and, if you have a smart phone, you can use the RediRad as a hands free phone. Matt is an ROA member; it's always good business to support fellow members who are helping us keep our classics up to date with modern conveniences.

Ed

Guest Kahuna28

Good to know he's an ROA member, I told him it was going in a Riv but he didn't mention it when I spoke to him. To me this is one of the coolest new products, I love hearing that radio play good tunes again. This will make those trips in the Riv much more enjoyable!!

If anyone gets this, post your experiences I'd love to hear them...

hmmmm this looks good. thanks a heap for posting, cos I really would like to just run toons over the existing gear.

dunno how well it'll handle the bass ini some of my music tho

now if only I could be sure my radio is working...

i hear the warm click when i flick the dial around, but no static or nuffin'

Thanks for sharing this product!!

I've got one on the way :-)

I can 't wait to hook it up to my wonderbar radio.

This is especially good for me because there aren't any AM radio stations anywhere near where I live.

Now I can listen to Fm stations on my AM radio!! :D

CobraVII

If I read your reply correctly, it sounds like you're expecting this product to pull FM stations into your AM radio. From what I've read and been told, the unit cuts out all AM reception which allows you to play music from your IPod, MP3, Smart Phone, or Satellite receiver. It is not an FM converter/reboradcaster and does not receive FM stations.

CobraVII

If I read your reply correctly, it sounds like you're expecting this product to pull FM stations into your AM radio. From what I've read and been told, the unit cuts out all AM reception which allows you to play music from your IPod, MP3, Smart Phone, or Satellite receiver. It is not an FM converter/reboradcaster and does not receive FM stations.

Can't you play FM stations (internet radio) on your iPhone? i regularly listen to my local FM station on my iPhone.

The way see it..... anything I can play on my iPhone I can now play through my AM radio :D

• 8 months later...

Larry, stop wasting time over on FFcars, and get back to workin' on that Electra! :cool:

No, not yet. I'm not at that point yet. :-(

Still cutting out rust and welding in new steel.

• 1 month later...