31 Lincoln, alive!

Attached are photos my project, a 1931 Lincoln Lebaron convertible roadster. Check out the 145" WB and the nicely raked windshield. I almost want to leave the hood off permanently just to stare at the engine.

I started the engine for the first time this afternoon, man what a sweetheart! I also drove the car for the first time, quite an experience. It's relatively easy to handle excepting the huge turning circle. The radiator shutters opened, the oil preassure was good, water temp good, clutches and shift well. At first I thought it had a power problem, then I remembered the spark advance lever, then whoosh! now good power.

The car is nearly ready for upholstery after many hours of sorting the doors and the very complex top frame.

I have nicknamed this car the Catalog Car because it was originaly painted this way at the factory, they were non-standard colors, exactly matching the sales catalog.

Tom in Cal.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

post-53322-143138857125_thumb.jpg

post-53322-143138857135_thumb.jpg

post-53322-143138857145_thumb.jpg

post-53322-143138857155_thumb.jpg

post-53322-143138857165_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Tom,

Where did you get the fan and generator belts for your 31 K?

The belts were already on the car when I bought it, but I also got some old spares, they are old and fraying, they came in NAPA sleeves that were hand marked in pencil by the previous owner (deceased) as Generator and Fan

Fan P/N 28346,

Generator, 22363

I can not tell you if these part numbers are good, but at least it's a good lead.

Tom in Ca.

Tom,

The NAPA belt part numbers in your reply are still active. I ordered each one today for my 31 Lincoln K 202B. I am just beginning the restoration of my car and would enjoy talking to you about yours. Is your mailing address the same as found in the last LOC roster? I live about 60 miles from you in the desert.

Tom,

The NAPA belt part numbers in your reply are still active. I ordered each one today for my 31 Lincoln K 202B. I am just beginning the restoration of my car and would enjoy talking to you about yours. Is your mailing address the same as found in the last LOC roster? I live about 60 miles from you in the desert.

Basil97, I've sent you a private message with my current contact info, lets talk.

• 1 month later...
Tom, is this the same car that was recently featured on an episode of 'Pawn Stars'?

No my car is not the car on Pawn Stars, I saw that episode and the car was a 1932 LeBaron KB 12 cylinder, the color scheme was similar. I believe the pawn shop paid the fellow in gold, $95k I believe, which was a total bargain for a LeBaron KB, the seller could have easily done much better, then gone out and bought his own gold...of course he wouldn't have been on the TV show either....sort of like the BJ auction mentality?

Tom in SoCal