reatta.net

zoltanb

Guest Mc_Reatta

Maybe Danica is cracking down on those who are behind on their Go Daddy accounts? She needs to fix up her car bailey in a hurry! :mad:

NP think we all appreciate what you have done, I like to hold the Reatta group up to other forums as an example of what a really well functioning group can do (and particularly to Chrysler who refuses to sell service manuals to owners).

My humble apologies... tree fell and broke the fiber from 3:15PM-7:30PM Friday, 24 Feb.

3+ years, 0 packet loss, and then a little wind on old Florida tree limbs..

Go figure...

--Tom

Tom no reason to apologize I am sure everybody here thanks you for you work for the Reatta over the past years. Wind can do some evil things ask anybody in kansas. I lost a house to the wind several years ago, never did find it from the 1991 tornado

Tom no reason to apologize I am sure everybody here thanks you for you work for the Reatta over the past years. Wind can do some evil things ask anybody in kansas. I lost a house to the wind several years ago, never did find it from the 1991 tornado

--------and look what happened to Dorothy, toto, the tin man, the lion and the scare crow in Kansas.

Thank you Tom for all you do.

--------and look what happened to Dorothy, toto, the tin man, the lion and the scare crow in Kansas.

Thank you Tom for all you do.

And nobody gets in to see the wizzard, not nobody not no how

From the WIZZARD OF OZ Its a horse of a different color

Chuck

My humble apologies... tree fell and broke the fiber from 3:15PM-7:30PM Friday, 24 Feb.

3+ years, 0 packet loss, and then a little wind on old Florida tree limbs..

Go figure...

--Tom

Things happen in 3's... this is #2.

7:33AM today, power lines=1, squirrel=0.

Fried a main feed, and burned the fiber at the local substation :(

We *should* be up in 4-6 hours...

I can't imagine what's next.

--Tom

For a little rodent, squirrels can do some big damage. Had one get inside a distribution cabinet at a substation here a couple of years ago, knocked out power to the neighborhood (fairly large area) for hours, apparently damaged a large transformer. Cannot believe there are not better safeguards against shorts and overloads caused by animal intrusion. I'd figure a bayonet fuse would blow and that the resulting damage/outage would be minimal, but apparently not, at least in some cases.

KDirk

For a little rodent, squirrels can do some big damage. Had one get inside a distribution cabinet at a substation here a couple of years ago, knocked out power to the neighborhood (fairly large area) for hours, apparently damaged a large transformer. Cannot believe there are not better safeguards against shorts and overloads caused by animal intrusion. I'd figure a bayonet fuse would blow and that the resulting damage/outage would be minimal, but apparently not, at least in some cases.

KDirk

Yes, indeed, have seen much evidence of these types of things.

I guess it's the same as the topical butterfly effect for the power grid.

At any rate, back up at 6:30PM.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

--Tom

Guest Kingsley

I heard that the squirrels are not happy either! I understand they, in their own imitable way, some times use the same words that the Seals allegedly do. Wish they would lower the voltage, cooked the right way they are tasty! Perhaps just a Southern dish, do not know whether it gets above the Mason Dixon Line or west of the Mississippi. Y'all come!

Edited by Kingsley (see edit history)