Valentine's Day is Upon us what will you be doing for the Old Girl

Guest Jim_Edwards

Guest Jim_Edwards

No, not your wife, the other Old Girl. :D She doesn't want flowers or candy. She wants a night out on the town. Maybe an oil change, some fresh E10, and just being able to be among other Old Girls at a drive-in.

No, not your wife, the other Old Girl. :D She doesn't want flowers or candy. She wants a night out on the town. Maybe an oil change, some fresh E10, and just being able to be among other Old Girls at a drive-in.

Not going to happen in February in Illinois. If she wants to retain her rocker panels as opposed to having them rust into holes and powder, she stays in the garage until April or even later.

Guest Jim_Edwards
Not going to happen in February in Illinois. If she wants to retain her rocker panels as opposed to having them rust into holes and powder, she stays in the garage until April or even later.

Bummer! Right now here in South Central Texas it is a balmy 64 degrees, the Sun is out, and the darn grass and weeds are growing like they are on steroids.

Snow? Rust? Salt on the road? These are terms I am not familiar with...

I like the fact that there are several stations near me that sell pure gasoline in regular and premium grade..NO ethanol at all. My '97 Taurus (my future antique) performs much better and the gas mileage increased about 25% when I stopped using E10.

Here's a link to find a pure gas station near you!

Ethanol-free gas stations in the U.S. and Canada

Twas a good day caressing her lovely curves, checking her ruby red polish and being sure she had enough water. Greasing and lubing her dry parts. And then the ride for what seemed like miles and miles. Oh the Joy! I reached out ward and tried to goose the Flying Lady from behind the wheel, but a lass..... I question, is it that the hood is too long? Or is it that my arm is too short? She is always ahead of me, but not so far that I cannot see her. I guess sometimes you just have to stop, get out, and get under to see that everything is in order. :D Dandy Dave!

Guest Jim_Edwards
E-10 would be a slap in the face to mine!

E10 is a slap in the face to everyone, but fresh is far better than old that has begun to phase separate.